Chief Financial Officer
Posted on: November 23, 2021
QARI (Quincy Asian Resources, Inc.) is a not-for-profit
social-service organization providing Asian and immigrant clients
in MA and NYC with opportunities to grow and succeed through our
cultural and linguistic competent services and programs. Our
integrated service model helps maximize QARI's outreach and impact
to the immigrant community; and to provide our clients with
resources and pathways for growth across all ages. QARI is
committed to paving innovative ways to connect with immigrants most
in need of support and to empower all in our communities to
thrive.QARI is looking for a qualified candidate to fill the Chief
Financial Officer position. This role is responsible for the
day-to-day finance and administrative management, compliance,
contracts management and oversight of administration and strategic
planning. S/he will lead and administer the finance and development
for the growth of the organization with the annual increasing
budget. This position will work closely with the leadership team
and the Finance & Administration Committee to enhance the
organizational finance outlook. The qualified candidates are
required to demonstrate strong managerial, financial, and
analytical skills, financial integrity, and strong work ethic.FLSA
Status: ExemptHours/Week Category: Full TimeReports To: President &
- Oversees the operation of the following functions: accounts
payable, payroll, general ledger, gift and grant accounting,
budgeting, financial reporting, and cash flow management.
- Administer accounting activities including process payables and
receivables, general ledger management, bank reconciliation, and
financial reporting to the QARI leadership team and Board of
- Support fundraising efforts with project budgets for grant
applications and reconciliation reports for funded projects.
- Complete year-end audit and tax return preparation in
conjunction with the audit and tax firm.
- Coordinate the completion of all tax and regulatory filings in
a timely fashion
- Support Annual Report preparation and budget and forecasting
- Responsible for the integrity of the QARI's financial systems,
transactions, records, and reports.
- Develops and implements financial and accounting plans,
policies, and procedures to ensure that the financial resources are
appropriately controlled and managed.
- Responsible for producing timely and accurate monthly,
quarterly, and annual financial statements and related reports, as
well as other reports, analyses, and projections that may be
required for use by the President and/or Board of Trustees for
strategic planning and decision making.
- Develops and oversees the annual budget process and
collaborates with other departments to ensure budget aligns with
key strategic priorities.
- Serves as primary staff liaison to the Finance Committee of the
Board of Trustees.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with federal, state, local
and territorial audit and tax laws and filing requirements.
- Fully utilizes technology and efficient and effective business
practices in the design and delivery of services.
- Participates in strategic initiatives as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.Skills & Qualifications:
- Master's degree in finance, accounting, or business preferred.
CPA is a plus required.
- At least five years of progressively responsible financial
accounting and managerial experience in non profit required.
- Ability to research, read, analyze, and interpret technical
accounting pronouncements and federal and state laws and
regulations and to recommend changes to policies/procedures as
required by changes in laws or accounting pronouncements.
- Experience with non-profit tax reporting required.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, written, and oral
- Able to convey technically complex financial information and
concepts into accessible terms for leadership staff, President, and
- Mission-driven and committed to working with a community that
serves multilingual and multicultural individuals.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English or Mandarin/English) individuals
preferred, but not required.Job Type: Full-timePay: $80.00 -
$110.00 per yearBenefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time offSchedule:
- 8 hour shiftWork Location:
- One locationWork Remotely:
- NoWork Location: One location
Keywords: QARI, Quincy , Chief Financial Officer, Accounting, Auditing , Quincy, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!