Corporate Accountant - Full-Time Hybrid
Company: Shields Health Care Group
Posted on: September 12, 2022
Shields Health Care Group has an exciting opportunity for a
Staff Accountant to work full-time(Mon-Fri) in a Hybrid model,
working 2 days from home and 3 days at our corporate office in
Quincy, MA.Shields Health Care is an independent,
Massachusetts-based medical service provider with a national
reputation for blending exceptional customer service with superior
technology. Patients, partners and colleagues define our 35 + years
of quality diagnostic services as a true mark of successful
teamwork. Known for our advanced diagnostic imaging, we are a
sought after provider - not only because of our technology but also
because of our teamwork and tremendous opportunities for
professional growth.Shields Health Care is hiring a Staff
Accountant. The selected candidate will report to the Accounting
Manager and will be responsible for a variety of accounting
functions, including month-end and year-end close, account
reconciliation, financial reporting and special projects.
- Actively participate and support the full month end close cycle
including AP, AR, cash, accruals and financial statement
preparation for 45+ entities.
- Maintain fixed assets sub-ledger and record monthly entries for
- Manage & record standard entries and prepaid entries across all
- Perform cash management activities, including intercompany
transfers and daily cash reporting.
- Review and approve intercompany & third party invoices for all
- Reconcile intercompany activity between all entities.
- Review and approve Concur expense reimbursements and post
related entries into accounting software.
- Prepare and analyze monthly balance sheets & cash flows and
perform monthly P&L variance analysis.
- Ensure the accuracy of financial statements in accordance with
GAAP and compliance with internal policies.
- Prepare and review monthly Partner Reporting Packages.
- Prepare year-end related items including tax and audit work
- Collaborate across the Shields network to gather financial
information for monthly close.
- Proactively recommend improvements to increase efficiency and
effectiveness of the month-end close and the financial reporting
- Support budgeting process and FP&A team.
- Perform ad hoc requests and reports.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting (CPA a plus)
- Minimum 3 years of progressive accounting experience.
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Advanced Excel skills (vlookups/pivot tables/nested
- Exceptional problem solving/analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Highly organized with the ability to multi task and
- Proficiency with accounting software systems (knowledge of Sage
Intacct a plus)
- Energized & adaptable employee with the ability to thrive in a
fast paced environment and meet deadlines
- Team player who embraces change and process improvementPhysical
- Ability to sit, stand and walk for extended periods and utilize
- This position requires extensive interaction with all customer
groups. Candidate must be personable, upbeat, fast paced and
organized.NoteIt is not intended that this Job Description include
all details of the work functions of this position. The incumbent
will perform work of lower or equivalent classification as required
or directed and work of higher classification for training and
development purposes or as warranted. IND-P
Keywords: Shields Health Care Group, Quincy , Corporate Accountant - Full-Time Hybrid, Accounting, Auditing , Quincy, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!