Cloud & Virtualization Engineer
Posted on: May 11, 2022
JOB SUMMARY: This persn will closely with the Applications &
Infrastructure teams to architect Cloud based solutions that
improve systems availability and minimize operating costs. Uses
automation and cloud integration skills to integrate and automate
applications at our -remote computing service providers, e.g.
Amazon AWS and our private Cloud. Provides technical leadership and
infrastructure expertise to ensure a reliable and efficient
deployment process into private and public cloud platforms.
Performs capacity planning, monitoring and cost optimization
techniques to ensure end-to-end cost transparency. Deploys and
administers Virtual Machine environments and services, including
capacity planning and management based on near and long-term
forecasts. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Implements infrastructure deployment methods that are optimized
for the cloud and which enable an elastic and resilient application
- Maintains infrastructure version control, configuration
management, and automatic deployment of the entire application
- Develops and maintains standards for Cloud Operations and
infrastructure Deployment. Provides infrastructure versioned
templates that meet these standards and are accessible to IS teams
for infrastructure automated deployment.
- Uses diverse technologies such as CloudFormation, Terraform,
PowerShell, etc. to build automated cloud infrastructure.
- Uses diverse tools to load balance applications across multiple
- Helps IS teams to deploy and optimize various technologies and
- Performs research and analysis on emerging systems technologies
and determines how to integrate the new technology into a
- Participates in planning, implementation, and growth of our
infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and other Cloud
- Generates Business Intelligence reports in various tools such
as CloudHealth and AWS QuickSight, for proactive analysis of cloud
utilization, capacity management, and security reporting.
- Creates and maintains automation for frequent updates to
Operating System machine images (AMIs) for secure, automated Cloud
based deployment to AWS, Azure and on-premise Clouds.
- Adheres to all IS departmental policies and procedures
published by the IS PMO.
- Provides on-call support for Cloud Implementations.
- Performs additional responsibilities as assigned. - KNOWLEDGE,
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proven ability to be strategic, creative, and leverage
technology to solve business problems.
- Proficiency with Infrastructure as Code using tools such as AWS
- Proficiency in using tools such as AWS EC2 and Elastic Load
- Proficiency with container technologies and management
platforms (e.g. Elastic Container Service).
- Proficiency in AWS Identity and Access Management and SAML
integrations with Active Directory.
- Proficiency in developing and troubleshooting Node, Python,
.Net based applications.
- Expertise in writing queries and administration scripts in
languages like Python, TSQL, Bash.
- Experience implementing and administration of systems for Linux
and Windows OS.
- Experience leading small to medium scope projects as a
- Experience mentoring other team members within their
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure cloud a plus.
- Experience deploying and managing DNS, DHCP solutions.
- Experience with Hashicorp suite of tools for Cloud Management -
Terraform, Vault, Packer, Vagrant.
- Experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery
(CI/CD) for deploying application/infrastructure - Git, Jenkins,
- Collaborative skills.
- Quality and detail oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication (Technical,
- Process-oriented approach to analysis and design.
- Excellent time and resource planning and management
- Ability to perform Ad-Hoc data analysis and research.
- Ability to effectively consult and interact with Business
Project Team members.
- Ability to work well with people in other departments and
outside the company.
- Ability to respond quickly and effectively to changing
priorities while working in a varied, fast paced environment. -
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree (CS, CSE, MIS, CE, Mathematics or other
related field), or equivalent work experience.
- 6+ years of experience with systems support
- 2+ years of experience building and supporting solutions on
- AWS / Cloud Certifications Equal Opportunity
Employer/Veterans/DisabledTo read our Candidate Privacy Information
Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please
navigate to https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacyThe
Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and
Keywords: Modis, Quincy , Cloud & Virtualization Engineer, Engineering , Quincy, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!