Packaging Engineering Specialist
Company: Peapod Digital Labs
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Address: USA-MA-Quincy-1385 Hancock Street
Store Code: Product Excellence (27088)
What's Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold
Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital
strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA.
Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities,
PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of
customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to
Browse The Aisles
The Packaging Engineering Specialist is responsible for executing
the packaging strategy for key projects under the Private Brands
portfolio of products. The role will work with the Private Brands
team in developing Private Brand product packaging that is
consistent with the strategic goals and targets set by the company.
This role will interact at the local level, across the US market,
with the global leadership team and both our Private Brands vendors
and strategic packaging vendors.
Recipe for Success - What's "in store" for the role
* Act as a back-up analyst for the Digital Packaging Specification
* Actively participate in the Plastics Center of Excellence and
support project execution
* Aids in analyzing, auditing and testing packaging data for the
New Plastic Economy goals
* Drive sustainable packaging execution plans to achieve company
targets on sustainable packaging
* Execute packaging design changes and projects across multiple
platforms and materials, working with brands across our
* Design packaging solutions that will protect, contain and display
the product and will also deliver cost savings and
* Build and present business cases for packaging design changes
supported by financial assessments, technical feasibility, customer
benefit impact analysis, and risk assessments.
* Execute experiments and plant trials; prepare results in
technical reports and presentations for review.
* Work with the Sourcing Center of Excellence to execute new
packaging opportunities and suppliers to reduce costs and ensure
* Work with vendors to execute packaging solutions based on company
requirements on quality, cost and sustainability
* Work with the Packaging Engineering Manager to evaluate new
technologies and supplier capabilities to identify viable options
for material and process improvements, maintaining a high awareness
of competitor and adjacent trends within the packaging
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and
related work experience. Engineering discipline preferred.
* 3+ years of related experience. Experience in fast-moving
consumer goods industry preferred
* Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Project)
* Experience on digital packaging specification systems
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong
legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress - our
people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our
employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and
HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible
spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate
vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable
federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered
without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin,
citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil
unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including
childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information,
sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability,
domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic
protected by law.
Job Requisition: 246980_external_USA-MA-Quincy_542022
Keywords: Peapod Digital Labs, Quincy , Packaging Engineering Specialist, Engineering , Quincy, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!