Company: Parks, Experiences and Products
Posted on: August 5, 2022
As a Staff Engineer for the Walt Disney World Quality
Engineering team, you will support the preparation, commissioning,
and delivery of the processes, procedures, and documentation of new
and refurbished attractions, shows, and transportation systems to
ensure sustainable safe experiences and environments for our Guest
and Cast. You'll provide required expert technical guidance to lead
process changes, focusing on reducing risk and driving consistency
across our attractions, transportation systems, and entertainment
venues. You'll also assure adherence to applicable industry
standards, codes, regulations, and internal Disney standards. You
will report to the Manager, Quality Engineer. Responsibilities
- Oversee the design and development including maintenance,
operations, and other procedures, verifying the procedures
adequately mitigate the hazards and risks that have been
identified, assigned, and documented.
- Determine and/or review the content, frequency, and priority of
inspections and critical equipment checks of parts, assemblies, and
systems based on the engineering design, calculations, loads,
stresses, wear and redundancies, potential risks, and likelihoods
following applicable industry standards and regulations.
- Establish and follow a framework for identifying the completion
of all necessary documentation, including drawings, manuals,
procedures, training, and certifications to permit and ensure the
safe use of the system by cast members and guests.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with Project
Team, Operations, Engineering Services, Safety, and
- Perform required inspections, audits, and related efforts for
assigned attractions, transportation systems, and entertainment
- Manage the execution of investigations, including the
evaluation and close-out.
- Mentor fellow engineers and partners to drive best practices
within the team.
- Develop potential process enhancements implemented through a
host of means from changes to existing guidelines and standards to
the development of new standards, processes, and programs. Basic
- Minimum 8 or more years of experience in Engineering, showing
increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience with design, installation, and commissioning of
complex systems that meet regulatory and industrial standards.
- Experience with investigations, root cause analysis, and hazard
- Proven knowledge of EDMS, AutoCAD, MS Office, Maximo, etc.
- Ability to manage, balance, and prioritize multiple
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills;
able to present complex data relationships in concise and
- Ability to work after hours and off-shift hours as
- Engineer in Training (EIT). Preferred Qualifications :
- Previous experience with the amusement park industry
- Familiarity with industry regulatory, compliance standards, and
- Florida Professional Engineer's License. Required Education :
Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering. Preferred Education :
Master's degree in Engineering, or Engineering Management. Benefits
and Perks:Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your
best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational
opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide.
Learn more about our benefits and perks at
Keywords: Parks, Experiences and Products, Quincy , Staff Engineer, Engineering , Quincy, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!