Membership and Affiliate Financial Services Manager
Company: Massachusetts Teacher Association
Posted on: February 20, 2021
The Massachusetts Teachers Association (MTA) is a union,
dedicated to improving the workplace and the quality of life for
all education employees and to protecting their hard-won rights.
Equally important, we are an association of highly qualified
professionals, committed to establishing and maintaining optimal
conditions for student learning from preschool through graduate
school. The Finance & Accounting Division is seeking qualified
applicants for the position of Membership and Affiliate Financial
Services Manager. Our ideal candidate is responsible for the
administration, development and operation of effective membership
accounting systems, practices, controls and procedures and
financial support activities for local associations.The duties for
this position include but are not limited to:
- Manages day-to-day membership accounting and enrollment
- Supervises the maintenance of accurate enrollment records.
- Works closely with locals, members, and staff to resolve
financial and membership problems.
- Manages the financial training of local treasurers using all
available training methods, including classroom, web-based and
- Supervises the organization's customer service functions in the
membership finance area.
- Analyzes accounting membership data using reports and
information derived from the membership database.
- Manages special programs such as local office support program
and others, as needed.
- Manages the solicitation and accounting functions for retiree
- Supervises the maintenance of the accounts receivable
subsidiary ledger, cash receipt application, preparation and
mailing of the monthly billing statements and dues
- Manages the month and year end closing processes, producing
membership reports and preparing management reports of membership
- Database management and administration:
- Maintenance of all database structure including membership type
code, financial/dues, local affiliate, chapter affiliate, statewide
employer and district work location data tables.
- Collection and analysis of data from other MTA divisions and
outside parties (NEA, MA DESE etc.) for use in maintenance of data
- Administration of all local and staff level database account
- Performs other duties as required.To be successful in the role
you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- Supervisory accounting experience, including preparation and
analysis of data.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- High level of diplomatic skills.
- Experience in accounts receivable, including reconciliation of
subsidiary ledger to the general ledger.
- Ability to access and to use computers for common business
- Willingness to travel and work nights and weekends.MTA has a
competitive compensation program with a robust benefits package
that includes: a defined benefit plan, 401k, medical, dental, STD,
LTD, paid holidays, and a generous time off program. MTA is an
equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are
committed to creating an inclusive environment for all staff.
Keywords: Massachusetts Teacher Association, Quincy , Membership and Affiliate Financial Services Manager, Executive , Quincy, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!