Company: MFS Investment Management
Posted on: November 14, 2021
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or
a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports
you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach
better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the
strongest individual. We put people first and show care and
compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do
matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of
people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more
secure and prosperous futures.
Job Description Using discretion and judgment the Section Manager
will manage nonexempt level Client Service Representatives (as well
as contract employees). This includes managing routine Human
Resources processes consisting of hiring, career development,
staffing issues and training. You will ensure the timely elevation
of issues or challenges to the appropriate management level should
they arise. The role requires multi-tasking in support of
interdependent operating teams. Principal Responsibilities
- Manage the day-to-day operations and tasks for a work group
while performing tasks when necessary to ensure deadlines are met.
Uses department specific technology to perform supervisory
- Resolve daily work issues and escalates more complex issues to
- Coach and develop employees to achieve department quality and
- Act as a subject matter expert concerning products serviced by
- Assist with complex and/or sensitive customer service issues
while balancing customer expectations with potential financial
impact to MFS.
- Generate department reports and participates in projects that
- Ensures compliance with all MFS policies and procedures.
- Assist with the development of procedures.
- Ensure timely communication of pertinent information by
conducting regular staff meetings.
- Assist with career development; write and conduct performance
appraisals; recommend rep promotions.
- Conduct interviews and make hiring decisions.
- Interact with own department and others to facilitate problem
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of three years of financial
services experience or, in lieu of Bachelor's degree, six plus
years of financial services experience.
- Demonstrated competency to manage and maintain day to day
operations specific to a functional team of call center reps.
- Must ensure the timely elevation of issues or challenges to the
appropriate management level should they arise.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and time management
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to
a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at or
email for assistance. MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal
Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability,
veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or
local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to
harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation,
including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee
or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage
in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or
hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under
any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to
view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."
Keywords: MFS Investment Management, Quincy , Section Manager, Executive , Quincy, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!