Health & Wellness Director III
Company: Brookdale Quincy Bay
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Overview:Director of Nursing RN up to $7,500 sign-0n bonus!
Relocation Assistance Available!
Brookdale Quincy Bay Senior Living
Are you looking for an employer who you can build your career with?
- Brookdale Quincy Bay is a beautiful senior living community
serving residents in both independent living and assisted
- You will use your prior director of nursing experience and
excellent communication skills to lead, inspire and build a great
- Brookdale has a structured orientation and many resources to
support our clinical leaders.
Call Julie Arnold at 703-946-2095 or email email@example.com
to learn more or apply online today!
Registered Nurse ( RN ) licensure required.
Our senior living facility is seeking an experienced nurse manager
(DON) to manage day to day clinical operations. Prior experience in
skilled nursing, SNF, LTC, hospital, home care or hospice settings
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
Relationships and integrity are the heart of our culture. They help
us create a welcoming and inclusive community among our residents,
associates and patients that feels like family. They guide us to be
open in our communication with each other, and enable us to make
the right decisions for the people who have entrusted us with their
care. Our relationships and integrity work together to create a
positive impact in the lives of the people we touch.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of
our associates, so you'll receive a competitive compensation and
benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile.
The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. You'll earn more
than a paycheck; you can find opportunities to grow your career
through professional development, as well as ongoing programs
catered to your overall health and wellness - physical, mental,
emotional, and financial. Most of all, we believe you can find
purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger
If you want to work in an environment where you can become your
best possible self, join us!
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and
military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients,
we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is
through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Benefit plan package
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Associate Compassion Fund
- Associate Discounts
- Identity theft protection
- Pet savings and insurance plans
- Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
- Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
- Paid Time Off
- Adoption Benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and
- Voluntary STD and LTD
This is an incentive based position, which may include bonuses,
incentive, or commission plans.
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all
associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to
limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held
religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and
regulations.Responsibilities:Manages the day-to-day clinical
services of a highly complex, multiple product line, or large
community. Ensures residents' healthcare needs are met while
treated with respect and dignity, and ensures quality care as
residents' healthcare needs change. Supervises and provides
leadership, as well as coaching, to licensed nurses and other
direct care staff within the community. May be responsible for
leading additional clinical leadership team of five or more
members. The HWD level for each community is determined based on
the total complexity of the role. Complexity criteria include, but
are not limited to, factors such as size, type of product lines,
medication management regulations, 90-day assessment requirements,
multiple licensure requirements, state regulatory complexity, and
skilled services requiring an RN.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of community-based
licensed, certified, and non-certified clinical associates.
- Supervises, directs, and motivates clinical leadership staff in
supervision of clinical care associates and resident care.
- Assigns and directs work of clinical leadership team and
subordinates; appraises performance; rewards and disciplines
associates; addresses complaints and resolves problems.
- Oversees and may provide training and education to caregivers
on an ongoing basis with classroom in-services and
- Supervises the maintenance of resident charts and reviews
documentation performed by caregiving staff.
- As described and allowed in the Nurse Practice Act, assesses
health, oversees medication administration, oversees functional and
psycho-social status of residents, initiates individualized service
plans, proactively manages care and services for each resident,
evaluates effectiveness, and maximizes the residents' opportunity
to remain in their environment.
- Manages and oversees the health care of residents, including
the dissemination of information to families and associates.
Ensures that family members are aware of residents' need for
- Participates in pre-admission screening of prospective new
residents. Assures that required documentation is completed prior
to or upon resident admission, including nursing assessments,
service plans, and other assigned forms. Updates assessments as
required by policy and as described/allowed in Nurse Practice Act
or other state regulation.
- Performs on-site evaluations of residents admitted to alternate
care environments for treatment, and maintains contact with
resident families with the intent of returning resident to
- Evaluates residents, documents changes in condition, and
notifies Executive Director, resident's physician, and resident's
legally responsible party/family of residents' condition and
- Communicates with physicians regarding residents' status and
condition changes. Ensures residents are prepared for physician
appointments and visits.
- Facilitates continuity of care for those residents receiving
home health care, hospice services, and other third party
- Leads or manages meetings relevant to resident care issues,
such as Service Plan meetings, involving appropriate parties as
- Coordinates or oversees scheduling of in-house ancillary
medical services, such as podiatrist, doctor visits, dental visits,
psych visits, lab, X-ray, ambulance, etc. and ensures they are
- Manages department quality improvement activities.
- Assists in keeping the environment safe for associates to
reduce the occurrence of Workers' Compensation claims by
appropriately evaluating resident transfer and mobility needs and
involving therapy services as indicated.
- Shares on-call and manager on duty responsibilities/shifts as
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should
perform all duties as assigned by their
supervisor.Qualifications:Education and Experience
- Education as required to obtain state nursing license (LPN/LVN
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience. Clinical leadership
- Working knowledge of basic technology and electronic
- Skilled nursing experience may be required.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
State nursing license (LPN/LVN or RN). Must have valid driver's
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions
within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve
complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a
combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and
desire to understand the culture and work environment.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
- Requires Driving: Drives Self (Tier 2)
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free
Keywords: Brookdale Quincy Bay, Quincy , Health & Wellness Director III, Executive , Quincy, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!