Posted on: July 28, 2022
At Hy-Vee our people are our strength. We promise "a helpful
smile in every aisle" and those smiles can only come from a
workforce that is fully engaged and committed to supporting our
customers and each other.
Job Title: Service Manager
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service, and
ensures that customer's needs are met. Supervises and coordinates
the activities of employees or performs the work of all job
* Growth mindset
* Results oriented
* Customer focused
Accountable and Reports to: District Store Director; Store Manager;
Assistant Managers of HWH, Perishables, Store Operations and
Positions that Report to you: All positions except those listed
above or designated by the Store Director
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Maintains a positive attitude; creates an atmosphere of
friendliness and fun through flexibility and teamwork.
* Generates a friendly atmosphere by encouraging employees to greet
and speak to customers; providing prompt, courteous, and efficient
service to customers and sets a good example.
* Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by
exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer
interactions and treating customers as the most important people in
* Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the
encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or
elsewhere in the store.
* Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them by
name whenever possible.
* Assists customers by: (examples include)
* escorting them to the products they're looking for
* securing products that are out of reach
* loading or unloading heavy items
* making note of and passing along customer suggestions or
* performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the
* Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful
service to customers who call.
* Performs as a leader and role model and maintains positive
* Plans, prepares, and adjusts work schedules and assigns employees
to specific duties and follows up to ensure duties are properly
completed in a timely manner.
* Supervises and coordinates activities of employees in all areas
of the store (in Department Managers absence) or performs the work
necessary at all job levels.
* Learns to formulate pricing philosophies or merchandise,
following guidelines established by the Store Director.
* Ensures proper customer service throughout the store and
addresses specific customer issues.
* Evaluates employee performance to recommend personnel actions in
their respective area such as promotion, transfer, or
* Trains and enforces safety procedures to provide a safe and
healthy work environment for employees and customers and fills out
customer accident forms.
* Works safely to prevent on-the-job injuries, fills out first
report of injury, and assigns light duty as necessary.
* Compiles, stores, retrieves, and understands managerial data
(i.e. sales, inventory reports, ad and display projections/actuals,
* Orders merchandise (new product, promotional, seasonal, or to
replenish merchandise on hand), verifies delivery of merchandise,
ensures quality, compares record with merchandise ordered, and
* Trains workers in store policies, department procedures, and job
* Ensures compliance of employees with established policy/law,
security, sales, and record keeping procedures and practices.
* Determines location of ad and promotional displays, ensures
product quality and quantities to meet customer and store demands
* Confers with employees and assists in solving problems affecting
job performance and of established policies and procedures.
* Explains store services to potential personal and business
account customers to generate additional business for the
* Understands the basics of store accounting.
* Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines
related to personal hygiene and dress.
* Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
* Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Determines the motivational needs of employees and provides the
* Stays current with market trends and information (i.e.;
competition, new products, equipment, merchandising
* Provides continuous education for existing store employees
regarding new and updated company and store policies, procedures,
and job duties.
* Sells merchandise to company employees, customers or issues
merchandise upon requisition by authorized personnel (inter-store
* Handles cash registers.
* Recommends cost reduction programs.
* Reviews personnel records to ensure completeness, accuracy, and
timeliness and understands the basics of the payroll system.
* Recommends additions, deletions and shelf allocation of
merchandise to be sold in any department.
* Assists in other areas of store as needed.
* Performs other job related duties and special projects as
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
* Must have the ability to solve practical problems; variety of
variables with limited standardization; interpret instructions.
* Ability to do arithmetic calculations involving fractions,
decimals, and percentages.
* Possess the ability to interview to obtain basic information;
guide people to provide basic direction; follow technical manuals
and have increased contact with people.
Education and Experience:
* High School or equivalent experience.
* Two years or more of similar or related work experience
Supervisory Responsibilities (Direct Reports):
* Instructing, assigning work, reviewing work, planning the work of
others, maintaining standards, allocating personnel, and
coordinating the activities of others.
* Selects new employees and acts on employee problems.
* Has the authority to recommend employee transfers, promotions,
discipline, discharge, and salary adjustments.
* Must be able to physically perform medium work: exerting up to 50
pounds of force occasionally and 20 pounds of force frequently, and
10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
* Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to
more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception,
color vision, and field of vision.
* Must be able to perform the following physical activities:
Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing,
walking, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and
This position is exposed to dust, noise, and temperature extremes.
There are possible equipment movement hazards; electrical shock,
and exposure to chemicals and solvents. This is a fast paced work
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Pallet jack, box cutter, cash registers, knives, trash compactor,
cardboard baler, fork lift, computer, calculator, telephone, FAX
machine, two wheeler, register computer, ordering machine, use of
limited power equipment, delivery vehicle, Western Union,
Hunting/Fishing license computer, and money order machine.
Authorized to purchase merchandise and supplies and order repairs
Has daily contact with customers, employees, suppliers/vendors, and
the general public. Occasional contact with federal or state
regulatory agencies regarding inspections.
Has access to confidential information which may include pricing,
sales reports, profit and loss reports, and wages.
Are you ready to smile, apply today.
Keywords: Hy-Vee, Quincy , Service Manager, Executive , Quincy, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!