Front Office Manager
Company: The Newbury Boston
Posted on: September 11, 2023
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com .
The Newbury Boston at One Newbury Street, located in the premier
shopping and dining neighborhood of Boston's Back Bay is an iconic
property originally opened in 1927 as one of the first Ritz-Carlton
hotels in the U.S. and most recently was the Taj Boston. The
building was recently transformed into a 286-room luxury hotel with
16,000-sq-ft of stunning event spaces, signature dining experiences
and a reimagined front entrance on Newbury Street.
The Front Office Manager is responsible for ensuring the operation
of the Front Desk, Uniformed Services and Telephone Communications
in an attentive, friendly, efficient and courteous manner,
providing all guests with quality service prior to and throughout
their stay, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
- Respond to all guests' requests, problems, complaints and/or
accidents presented at the Front Desk or through reservations,
comment cards, letters and/or phone calls, in an attentive,
courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all Front Office
personnel according to Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s.
- Carry Vocera communication device at all times
- Prepare and conduct all Front Office interviews and follow hiring
procedures according to Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s.
- Develop employee morale and ensure training of Front Office
personnel and execution of Forbes standards.
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily.
Analyze rate variance, monitor credit report and maintain close
observation of daily house count. Monitor selling status of house
daily, i.e. flash report, allowances, close the house as needed,
- Attend daily and monthly Rooms Upselling/Merchandizing
- Support Highgate core values: passion, innovation, integrity,
ownership and community.
- Participate in required M.O.D. program as scheduled.
- Review Front Office staff's worked hours for payroll compilation
and submit to Accounting on a timely basis.
- Prepare employee Schedule according to business forecast, payroll
budget guidelines and productivity requirements.
- Ensure that no-show revenue is maximized through consistent and
- Maintain Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s regarding Purchase Orders,
vouchering of invoices and checkbook accounting.
- Ensure that Wage Progress, Productivity and the Ten Day Forecast
are completed on a timely basis according to Highgate Hotel
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open
lines of communication with managers, employees and other
- Work closely with Accounting on follow-up items, i.e., rejected
credit cards, employee cashiering discrepancies, etc.
- Operate all aspects of the Front Office computer system,
including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and
- Monitor proper operation of the P.B.X. console and ensure that
employees maintain Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s in its use.
- Ensure staff greet and welcome all guests approaching any member
of the Front Office team in accordance with Highgate Hotel
- Ensure implementation of all Highgate Hotel policies and house
rules. Understand hospitality terms.
- Create S.O.P.'s and revise existing ones as needed.
- Ensure sign off of all Service Standards by Position for Front
- Assist in preparation of revenue and occupancy forecasting.
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail
in a timely and professional manner.
- Must maintain constant communication with Housekeeping,
Reservations and the Credit Manager.
- Operate communication devices efficiently and professionally in
communicating with hotel staff. Ensure the proper use of
communication etiquette within the department.
- Coordinate all aspects of the ongoing implementation of The
Newbury Boston philosophy of service.
- Ensure correct and accurate cash handling at the Front Desk.
- Follow and enforce all Highgate Hotel credit policies.
- Ensure that employees are, at all times, attentive, friendly,
helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and other
- Maintain and monitor "Lost and Found" procedures and policies
according to Highgate Hotel standards.
- Establish and maintain key control system.
- Ensure participation within department for monthly Highgate Hotel
- Focus the Front Office Department on their role in contributing
to the guest satisfaction and audit scores.
- Monitor all V.I.P.'s and special guest requests.
- Maintain required pars of all front office and stationary
- Review daily Front Office work and activity reports generated by
- Review Front Office log book and Guest Request log on a daily
- Ensure completion of daily MOD checklist.
- Be familiar with all corporate sponsored programs, luxury
programs, and the standards and procedures for each.
- Maintain an organized and comprehensive filing system with
documentation of purchases, vouchering, schedules, forecasts,
reports and tracking logs.
- Conduct meetings according to Highgate Hotel standards as
required by management.
Keywords: The Newbury Boston, Quincy , Front Office Manager, Executive , Quincy, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!