Director of Guest Experience
Company: The Newbury Boston
Posted on: September 12, 2023
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com .
The Newbury Boston at One Newbury Street, located in the premier
shopping and dining neighborhood of Boston's Back Bay is an iconic
property originally opened in 1927 as one of the first Ritz-Carlton
hotels in the U.S. and most recently was the Taj Boston. The
building was recently transformed into a 286-room luxury hotel with
16,000-sq-ft of stunning event spaces, signature dining experiences
and a reimagined front entrance on Newbury Street.
The Director of Guest Experience is responsible for leading our
Guest Experience department. The primary focus of this position is
to drive consistent five star, five diamond experiences for our
most discerning and VIP guests via a highly engaged team that is
committed to delivering on processes and procedures. They are also
empowered to deal with complaints from guests and should assist all
associates to create moments of magic.
The performance of this position effects guest satisfaction and an
impression of the service the Hotel provides. This impression can
lead to repeat business and reputation enhancements.
To serve the guests in a Five Star manner. Assure highest quality
of the Department by working in an efficient and conscious manner,
as well as, maintaining and developing the highest service
- Ensure maximum guest satisfaction through personal recognition
and prompt attention from pre-arrival to departure.
- Have extensive knowledge of the product and services
- To ensure that all guests especially those of VIP status receive
utmost attention and to maximize their satisfaction during their
entire duration of stay.
- To ensure that all arriving and departing VIP's and regular
guests are greeted and that introductions are made.
- To give information and promote all in house facilities and
- To liaise, cooperate and coordinate with all departments to
achieve high standards of service and guest satisfaction.
- Review arrivals for the next ten days on a daily basis
- To prepare and distribute daily the Daily VIP list to the
- To coordinate the complete preparation of all associated services
for arriving VIP's, including, but not limited to, ensuring room is
ready; amenities are in the room, etc.
- Arrange as many introductions with our VIPs as possible via phone
calls, emails, text messages, or in person.
- Inspect the rooms for our highest tiers of VIPs
- Deliver on the hotel's loyalty program
- Update Guest profiles in Opera (PMS) with any preferences and
- Deal with guest issues in an appropriate and a thorough manner
from the initial complaint to the resolution.
- Log guest issues in Alice and Opera and communicate issues as
- Develop relationships with a variety of local vendors, which
include, and are not limited to, restaurants, night clubs, museums,
theaters, sports venues, ticket agencies, etc.
- Be familiar with all the courier companies and their charges
- Aid in the smooth operation of the car service, and to ensure
that information is passed to airport representatives for all
arriving and departing VIP's
- Have an in depth knowledge of what Greater Boston (and New
England) has to offer in regards to a variety of experiences our
guests may be interested in.
- Focus on the Customer. . . Seek to understand the guest and
internal customer and meet the needs of both the customer and the
- Attention to Details . . . Ensure that work is accurate, thorough
and to the highest standards.
- Take Responsibility . . . Demonstrate personal ownership to tasks
and follow through to get the required results.
- Apply Professional, Product or Technical Expertise . . .
Demonstrate the ability to apply technical, professional or product
expertise to everyday hotel situations.
- Foster Teamwork . . . Work well in a team environment and
motivate teams to sustain exceptional levels of performance.
- Communicate effectively . . . Clarify and provide information so
that coworkers, customers, and suppliers understand and can take
- Attend meetings as required
- Ability to consistently "go the extra mile"
Keywords: The Newbury Boston, Quincy , Director of Guest Experience, Executive , Quincy, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!