Director of Purchasing
Company: The Newbury Boston
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com
The Newbury Boston at One Newbury Street, located in the premier
shopping and dining neighborhood of Boston's Back Bay is an iconic
property originally opened in 1927 as one of the first Ritz-Carlton
hotels in the U.S. and most recently was the Taj Boston. The
building was recently transformed into a 286-room luxury hotel with
16,000-sq-ft of stunning event spaces, signature dining experiences
and a reimagined front entrance on Newbury Street.
The Director of Purchasing is responsible for handling and
overseeing the procurement of goods and services through
appropriate bidding processes to achieve optimum price value while
maintaining superior quality consistent with Highgate Hotel's
established control policies and procedures. The Director of
Purchasing also maintains and organizes the hotel's storage
facilities, ensures proper distribution, and assists in
implementation of key controls associated with the procurement and
accounting of goods and services.
- Keep appropriate par stock on all inventories goods. Notify
Controller of any variances or deviation in par stock.
- Ensure that all purchases, requisitions, etc. have proper
approvals and all orders are place and received in accordance with
Highgate Hotel's policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local food and
beverage storage laws, regulations and codes.
- Oversee and assist in unloading, receiving, sorting, stocking,
securing, and distributing goods.
- Manage all delivery needs with the hotel's tenants.
- Ensure all deliveries are completed in a timely manner.
- Supervise the alleyway by insuring the 22 Point Checklist is
being followed by associates and vendors.
- Participate in the inventory process (monthly, quarterly, and
- Secure competitive bids and maintain appropriate supporting
- Ensure inventory pricing reflects most current information.
- Review banquet event orders and consult with appropriate
management for special requirements.
- Interview, train, supervise and develop Purchasing and/or
Receiving staff, including coaching, counseling and discipline.
- Track all price changes.
- Keep supervisor aware of any unusual occurrences and significant
deviations from standards, policies and procedures.
- Monitor and prepare financial reports in accordance with Highgate
Hotel's requirements meeting various due dates and deadlines,
Daily : Purchasing and Receiving Requisitions
Weekly: Weekly Bids
Monthly: Inventory Counts Key Statistical Reports
Attend, contribute, and provide periodic training in various
meetings to maintain favorable working relationships among
employees and promote maximum morale, productivity, and
Departmental Sales and Service Safety Committee B.E.O.
Keywords: The Newbury Boston, Quincy , Director of Purchasing, Executive , Quincy, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!