Product Specialist, Core Medical Plans
Company: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Posted on: March 27, 2020
Ready to help us transform healthcare? Bring your true colors to
blue. The Product Specialist, Core Medical Plans is responsible for
product maintenance and contributing to the ongoing management of
BCBSMA commercial medical products. This position will assist in
daily product administration and product management activities. The
Product Specialist will collaborate with multiple business areas
across the organization to support ongoing activities related to
the product portfolio. This position plays a critical role in
supporting the ongoing success of our commercial products.Key
- Serve as product and benefit Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Accountable for product management activities including, but
not limited to, consistent and accurate delivery and administration
of medical products.
- Conduct detailed plan and benefit assessments, as needed, to
help inform product planning and execute product portfolio
- Utilize understanding of our business and product delivery
models to evaluate proposed solutions, probe options, and provide
feedback, insight and recommendations, translating appropriate
business needs into business and/or technology change
- Help ensure compliance with all applicable federal and/or state
regulations through assessing benefit plan designs and applying
- Support product implementation projects.
- Support the product lifecycle management process and related
- Provide ongoing support to Sales, responding daily to benefit
requests submitted through the Benefit Administration and Renewal
- Conduct detailed benefit comparisons in support of sales
requests and RFRs.
- Contribute to the non-standard offering (NSO) process assisting
the evaluation, of non-standard benefits and new benefit design
- Support ongoing efforts related to the simplification of the
NSO process which may include the development of product
configuration tools and tracking tools.
- Work closely with and develop strong relationships with
internal partners and customers, such as Medical Management, Claims
Operations, Enrollment Operations, Actuarial, Underwriting,
Contracts Development, Finance, Member and Provider Service,
Marketing, Product Innovation, and Sales to ensure that mutual
needs are met.
- Documentation and creation of educational pieces and
- Assist in the education and onboarding of new internal
associates helping them to understand the basics of our product
- Support multiple projects and workgroups simultaneously,
collaboratively working with internal and external key functional
areas to support and advance the ongoing development of the product
portfolio and to achieve corporate business objectives.
- Responsible for product related marketing and training material
content (print and on-line); provide content for and review
marketing materials, promotional materials, and member mailings for
new and existing programs, benefits, and product enhancements
making sure that documentation is accurate and kept up to
- Represent Product Management interests on corporate
implementation teams and workgroups, assessing and addressing
impacts of changes to the products.
- Other product assignments as needed.
Qualifications: (Knowledge, skills and abilities)
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communications through
organizing and leading meetings and work teams, analysis and report
generation, correspondence, and preparing presentations for
- Proven project management skills, including ability to manage
multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Collaborative by nature and a problem solver who thrives in a
- A self-motivator who can gather, interpret and distribute
information quickly and clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships and
provide high quality service with key internal customers.
- Must have a good grasp of marketing communications.
- Ability to differentiate between important and urgent
deliverables, request and issues.
- Ability to engender trust and confidence; high sense of
integrity and ethics.
- Detail oriented with the ability to resolve complex problems
and issues independently.
- Bachelor's Degree in business or health related industry or 2 -
4 years relevant industry experience preferred.
- Experience in management of business functions, and/or project
- Computer and Software Skills: MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS
PowerPoint, MS Access, OLB, Data Bases; Data Warehouse; SharePoint
LocationQuincyTime TypeFull time
Keywords: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Massachusetts, Quincy , Product Specialist, Core Medical Plans, Healthcare , Quincy, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!