Nurse Practitioner-Internal Medicine
Posted on: September 16, 2020
Department Description: Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare-Crown
Colony provides personalized, comprehensive care for patients aged
18 and older.
Job Location: Quincy, MA
Req ID: 35718BR
Job Summary: Provides direct patient care relative to physical
diagnosis and therapeutic management independently, using physician
consultation where appropriate.
- Assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the plan
of care for a panel of patients. Evaluates individual health care
status of patients, including eliciting a patient history,
performance of physical examination, ordering of screening and
diagnostic tests, risk assessment and interprets this information
to establish a diagnosis.
- Develops and implements a plan of care, including treatments,
medications and the like within defined guidelines for practice.
Provides care to the patient in a manner that incorporates the
principles of patient satisfaction and delivery of cost effective
care. Participates in the development and evaluation of practice
- Monitors the individual's response to therapy and revises the
plan, as indicated, with particular attention to education and
counseling and encouragement of self-care. Provides ongoing
individualized patient orientation to APG/BIDCO. Seeks consultation
from the consulting physician and other members of the healthcare
team. Makes appropriate referrals as indicated by patient
- Identifies learning needs of patients and staff and
collaborates with other leaders to determine priorities for
educational programs. Participates in interdisciplinary education
programs of the practice and provides clinical precepting for
nursing students, nurse practitioner students, medical students and
others. Provides leadership that supports APG, BIDHC practice
policies and goals.
- Master's degree in Nursing required.
- License Nursing License required., and Certificate 1 Basic Life
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Valid prescriptive authority from both the MA DPH-DCP and
- MA Board authorization to practice as an APRN NRSG
- American Heart Association-Basic Life Support Certificate
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based
applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may
include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Related primary care practice expertise.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in
English moderately complex information in varied written formats to
internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate
complex verbal information in English to medical center staff,
patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of
concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in
complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger
projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center
and across functional areas. Results have implications for the
management and operations of multiple areas of the
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer
service and staff training to meet customer service standards and
expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in
the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to
the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6
months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60
years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or
up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and
employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of
Keywords: BIDMC, Quincy , Nurse Practitioner-Internal Medicine, Healthcare , Quincy, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!