Laboratory Support Associate
Company: Twist Bioscience
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Abveris (now a part of Twist Bioscience) is Boston's premier
antibody discovery company providing contract research services to
the biopharma industry. Abveris applies advanced immunization
methods combined with B cell screening and hybridoma-based antibody
discovery technologies to provide comprehensive reagent and
therapeutic antibody discovery services. Abveris is developing the
next generation of biologics, cell therapies, vaccines, and
diagnostics in partnership with global leaders in biopharma.We are
looking for a collaborative individual that thrives in a fast-paced
environment to join our team. This individual will ensure the
smooth operation of our rapid and highly effective antibody
research laboratory. The ideal candidate will have an interest in
biological sciences and is an organized multitasker with excellent
communication skills. This is an excellent entry-level role for an
individual looking to break into the biotech
- Assume accountability for management of laboratory inventory
plan, shipping/receiving and supply chain.
- Support routine instrument maintenance, including tracking and
coordinating maintenance, calibrations, and repairs.
- Support reagent handling aliquoting and logistics.
- Categorize and maintain inventory system for cell lines,
proteins, and reagents.
- Manage the incoming supply chain supporting inventory levels
and custom order requests. Track supply inventory and tackle new
needs and changes in a timely manner.
- Efficiently run the logistics for shipping and receiving of
sensitive samples in a timely manner. Safely and securely package
materials for delivery, coordinate with various couriers and
generate associated documentation.
- Assist with lab safety training and compliance measures.
- Coordinate with waste management and support hazardous waste
- Bridge a strong relationship with laboratory team members to
support fluctuating needs and timelines.Qualifications
- Associate's Degree,ideally with previous experience working in
a laboratory setting.
- Familiarity with basic lab equipment and procedures,
automation, reagent handling, and standard consumables used in
- Meticulous organizational skills and attention to detail. Must
be able to conduct multiple tasks/priorities to meet target
- Experience using inventory and project tracking software
preferred but not required.
- Proven self-starter with capacity to excel in a fast paced,
growing environment under critical timelines
- Must be a resourceful problem solver and have capacity to work
independently, but in a team-oriented approach
- Strong interpersonal skills, essential to enjoy working and
coordinating with multiple people/groups
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google
Keywords: Twist Bioscience, Quincy , Laboratory Support Associate, Healthcare , Quincy, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!