Housekeeping House Attendant
Company: The Newbury Boston
Posted on: September 12, 2023
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com.
The Newbury Boston at One Newbury Street, located in the premier
shopping and dining neighborhood of Boston's Back Bay is an iconic
property originally opened in 1927 as one of the first Ritz-Carlton
hotels in the U.S. and most recently was the Taj Boston. The
building was recently transformed into a 286-room luxury hotel with
16,000-sq-ft of stunning event spaces, signature dining experiences
and a reimagined front entrance on Newbury Street.
The House Attendant is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness
of guest corridors, elevator and all assigned areas. He/she is
responsible for delivering items to guest rooms (irons, coffee,
- Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful and
courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Walked assigned floors at beginning and end of shift; remove
trays, trash, and/or linen and note any areas that need immediate
- Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when
communicating with other employees.
- Use daily checklist to complete projects listed below as
- Elevator lobbies
- Glass tables
- Ice machines/vending machines
- Elevator doors/frames
- Service landing/linen closets
- Stair wells
- Polish floors
- Other projects as assigned by management
- Practice safe work habits to ensure safety to guests, fellow
employees and self.
- Handle items for "Lost and Found" according to hotel
- At the end of the shift, turn in all keys and assignment sheets
to the Housekeeping
- Report maintenance issues to Housekeeping Manager
- Be familiar with correct guestroom cleaning procedures to assist
with cleaning if needed
- Pick up any Room Attendant's dirty linen or trash as needed
- Before leaving section, collect all trash from the service
landings and take to/dispose in outside trash dumpsters, per hotel
- Vacuum guest corridors.
- Assist Housekeeping as needed (i.e. bedboards, roll-aways, flip
- Deliver any clean linen to assigned sections, if applicable
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of Housekeeping office,
linen rooms, storage closets and stairwells.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
Keywords: The Newbury Boston, Quincy , Housekeeping House Attendant, Hospitality & Tourism , Quincy, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!