Program Manager Managed Services
Company: Granite Telecommunications LLC
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Granite Background & History
Granite is one of the premier communications services provider to
businesses across the United States and Canada. We provide
exceptional customized service with an emphasis on reliability and
outstanding customer support and our customers include over 85 of
the Fortune 100. Granite has over $1.65 billion in revenue with
more than 2,200 employees and is headquartered in Quincy, MA just
off I-93 and directly next to the North Quincy T Station on the Red
Line. Our mission is to be the leading telecommunications company
wherever we offer services as well as provide an environment where
the value of each individual is recognized and where each person
has the opportunity to further their growth and achieve
Granite has been recognized by the Boston Business Journal as one
of the "Healthiest Companies" in Massachusetts. Our Quincy office
has an onsite dining facility and a fully equipped state of the art
gym that offers daily Cross Fit, Mixed Martial Arts, and Yoga
classes available to employees at zero cost.
Granite's philanthropy is unparalleled with over $200 million in
donations to organizations such as Dana Farber Cancer Institute,
The ALS Foundation and the Alzheimer's Association to name a
We have been rated a "Fastest Growing Companies" by Inc. Magazine
past ten consecutive years in a row (2007-2016).
If you are a highly motivated individual who wants to grow your
career with a fast paced and progressive company, Granite has
countless opportunities for you.
General Summary of Position:
Granite is looking for an Program Manager Managed Services who can
understand and advocate for the needs of our users and coordinate
the fulfilment of those needs through Project Planning and
Management, Team Facilitation, Track and communicate project status
between stakeholders, and software development team for several
concurrent high visibility projects using agile/waterfall methods
in a fast-paced environment.
As a Program Manager Managed Services, you will bring management,
strong communication, collaboration, and leadership skills to our
organization. In this role you will represent the voice of the
user, working closely with product leadership, UX, and engineering
teams to help define and execute the product vision. This will
require you to support Granite Telecommunication by organizing and
motivating product development engineering team to achieve a high
level of performance and quality in Agile methods and initiatives
that provide exceptional business value to users/customers. In this
role, you will be responsible for managing several concurrent high
visibility projects using agile methods in a fast-paced environment
that may cross multiple business and operational areas.
Additionally, some projects will be individual contributor-based
using your business analytics and organizational change management
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Project Planning and Management - Define project scope and
schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value;
organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and
distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct
deviations from plans; manage dependencies between teams; and
perform delivery planning for assigned projects.
* Team Facilitation - Lead and develop high performing agile teams.
Hold teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks
to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve
capacity for project work.
* Business Analyst Support - Support the Business Analyst in
managing customer/business expectations for project deliverables,
managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an
effective system of project governance.
* Track and communicate project status, key milestones,
sprint/release progress, and other metrics to all affected teams
* Product Innovation - Evaluate Granite's products to competitors
products in order to assess competition in the market
* Assist with product evaluation, product customization and system
integration. Perform GAP Analysis around the identification of
business rules, business and system process flows, requirements and
* Collaborate with members of the Product Team in developing and
executing on the long-term vision for Granite's product suite
* Lead Product Development Team as the Subject Matter Expert (SME),
lead daily meetings, resolve impediments to the team, and assist
with sprint planning and review meetings
* Conduct Business Requirements Gathering sessions in the form of
questionnaire and business scenarios with the stakeholders, Subject
Matter Experts (SME) and the developers
* Design UI mockups and wireframes using Visio and validate designs
with the application development team and business users
* Perform network/system troubleshooting to analyze and resolve
endpoint problems in both the test and production environment
* Validate system design against requirements and effectively work
with Quality Assurance (QA) teams on completing User Acceptance
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, Marketing, or
* 1+ years of demonstrated success in a fast-paced product
management role for software and/or SaaS-based products.
* Proven track record of accomplishment of launching successful new
products and enhancing and scaling them through product
* Experience with early-stage products and new product development
from ideation specification through market launch and revenue
* Proven ability to successfully collaborate with internal
stakeholders from various levels and areas of the organization and
drive successful outcomes cross-functionally.
* Experience working closely with an engineering team to plan the
execution and manage them through the entire product lifecycle.
* Experience with the development and launch of products focused on
data manipulation, visualization, and/or next-generation
* Experience with backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and
* Effective oral and written communication and collaboration skills
with a proven ability to communicate business requirements.
* Ability to build and maintain relationships with senior-level
management and other stakeholders.
* A self-starter mentality with an understanding of key
technologies, and an ability to engage verbally at a technical
* Ability to multi-task in the midst of tight deadlines.
* Excellent leadership, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
* Understanding of tools including TFS and Jira required.
* Scrum Master Certification preferred
* Experience in creating wireframes and UI
Share this page
Keywords: Granite Telecommunications LLC, Quincy , Program Manager Managed Services, IT / Software / Systems , Quincy, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!