Associate, Claims & Fraud Operations
Company: Santander Holdings USA Inc
Posted on: September 13, 2020
Associate, Claims & Fraud
Operations-----2002202--Description--As a member of Santander's
retail banking division you'll help serve Santander's retail and
small business customers as part of one of the top banks in the
United States based on deposits.-- With principal presence in the
northeast U.S., Santander's retail division offers consumer and
lending products to help our customers reach their financial
goals.-- Santander currently serves nearly 2 million retail
customers and 5.2% of the 2.7 million small businesses in the US
footprint have a transactional account with Santander Bank.--
The Associate, Claims & Fraud Operations is responsible for
collecting, reviewing, responding, and analyzing data and/or
documentation and to ensure compliance with department service
level agreements, policies, procedures, and/or regulatory and risk
requirements in a fast paced environment. S/he will investigate
various types of suspicious activity to determine exposure to
the--Bank and its customers.
Works with government entities and local law enforcement to
mitigate losses and recover stolen funds and/or assets. [this
position exists within one of two distinct investigations units -
External Fraud Investigations Unit and Slaes Practice and Internal
Fraud Investigations Unit.
- Actively interface with peer banks and industry organizations
to Maintain and broaden awareness of industry risks, trends,
solutions, and best practices.
- Acts as the subject matter expert in claims insights and
analysis and in the communication with various departments to
obtain/provide information for key projects and problem resolution
- These contacts would be used to address issues and
opportunities with organizational performance, operational
readiness for new initiatives, operating effectiveness as well as
process improvements, business need analysis and escalation of
operational constraints as it relates to Claims.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to provide financial and
service level analytics and insights for new initiatives to
understand staffing and claim volume implications.
- Conduct interviews of victims, witnesses, and suspects (both
internal and external to the Bank).
- Conducts ad-hoc reporting and analysis as required to support
- Coordination with Law Enforcement to arrest/convict suspects
and Recover Bank assets.
- Demonstrate technical expertise and strong knowledge base in
the area of fraud prevention risk management.
- Develops and Maintains comprehensive documentation for fraud
- Develops deep subject matter expertise in fraud and other key
indicators that may result in potential vulnerability/risk.
- Develops, implements, and refines critical fraud system
controls for the purpose of detecting and preventing fraud,
including testing to Identify, measure, and validate fraud
- Ensure that all Suspicious Activity Reports consistently meet
heightened quality standards before being submitted.
- Identifies and monitors trends and/or abnormalities with
regards to claims volumes, average processing times, and
- Activity and provide proactive recommendations to align staff
to business changes.
- Identify and pursue process enhancements and continuous
improvement opportunities,Identify legal defenses to decision fraud
claims and mitigate losses.
- Investigate various types of Suspicious Activity to determine
fraud exposure to the Bank.
- Leverage deep understanding of various financial crime schemes
to mitigate losses and propose strategies to fortify the bank's
defenses against threats.
- Maintain compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act by ensuring that
Suspicious Activity Reports are filed on all qualified Activity and
within the established timeline.
- Maintain high level of performance in terms of working/closing
out cases in a timely fashion, securing recoveries and achieving a
consistently high quality assurance score for casework.
- Maintains an in depth awareness of company goals and industry
- Off hours availability for escalated fraud events (on a
- Participates in the evaluation of new applications and the
identification of systems requirements for planning purposes.
- Partners with lines of business and corporate Partners to
effect change and promote awareness through the Coordination of
fraud detection monitoring of system enhancements and statistical
- Perform ad-hoc analysis as potential risks are identified.
- Prepare cases for civil litigation and/or criminal
- Recover stolen funds and/or assets.--Qualifications--
- Bachelor's Degree;,or equivalent work experience.
- 5-9 years; Banking experience preferably in operations and/or
- Ability to maintain confidentiality,Ability to think out of the
box and recommend feasible solutions under the circumstances.
- Able to adjust to a rapidly changing environment,Able to manage
multiple tasks or projects.
- Able to work independently as part of team.
- Excellent inter-personal and partnering skills to facilitate
effective working relationships.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to make swiftly
escalate issues to senior staff when needed.
- Exceptional documentation and process management skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of FIS fraud products and service offerings.
- Knowledge of back-end systems supporting payment transactions,
servicing products and operational procedures.
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations and laws regarding
- Knowledge of the principles, processes, procedures and trends
of fraud and fraud prevention.
- Self-directed and results-driven with demonstrated ability to
capture and document the needs of the business.
- Self-starter who proactively seeks learning and development
- Strong Technical Skills and proficiency in launching
applications and maneuvering in a Windows based environment.
- Strong analytical, research and attention to details
- Understands our risk systems and supports analysis that
surfaces patterns, trends, and bugs that help inform our fraud
policies and processes while directly impacting the business.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint
and computer navigation and operation skills.
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and
- Addresses customer's requests, ensures concerns are recorded
accurately and action is initiated appropriately.
- Makes extra effort to satisfy customers needs and meet
- Builds and maintains one's network of contacts and resources
and knows who to involve in problem resolution.
- Communicates in a timely and straightforward manner.
- Probes for additional information, clarifies assumptions and
confirms agreed-upon actions.
- Keeps everyone involved informed about progress and
- Creates a good working environment in the team; works towards
shared goals contributing ideas and accepting change.
- Provides assistance and coaches less experienced team
- Executes risk management process and procedures without
management direction, and demonstrates awareness of expected
- Knows the relationship and impact of actions and results.
- Has an understanding of regulations impacting area
- Follows through to meet commitments to others.
- Takes responsibility for achieving strong results, despite
balancing multiple complex demands.
- Identifies the component parts of a complex situation or
problem and the relationship among variables that are not
- Stays current with industry and regulatory trends and emerging
- Has good understanding of current market and competitive
landscape that the organization operates within.At Santander, we
value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to
increase the diversity of our teams.-- We actively encourage
everyone to apply--Job:--Business Operations--Primary
Location:--Massachusetts-Dorchester-2 Morrissey Boulevard - 06367 -
Columbia Park-Corp------Organization:--SBNA Operations
(5000)--Schedule:--Full-time--Job Posting:--Sep 9, 2020, 6:59:32
Keywords: Santander Holdings USA Inc, Quincy , Associate, Claims & Fraud Operations, Other , Quincy, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!