Company: Gables Search Group
Posted on: April 27, 2021
A specialty marine and underwater contractor based in
Employees are an integral part of ensuring our success, and as
such, our staff is required to meet the highest expectations. We
take pride in our renowned safety standards and require employees
to utilize safe work practices always. We count on our employees to
perform in fast-paced environments while still satisfying customer
needs and maintaining effective working relationships. The ability
to proactively identify issues and offer innovative solutions is
also expected from our employees.
Under the direct supervision of the Division General Manager,
the Estimator will collaborate on bid and proposal preparation,
negotiate contracts with clients and work closely with design
teams. This individual will also work closely with owners,
engineers, and general contractors to provide value engineering
solutions across heavy civil, marine, and underwater disciplines.
This position will be expected to provide guidance and training to
other estimating personnel in the company's estimating systems and
- Detail oriented – the ability to identify cost drivers quickly,
knowing how those cost drivers affect other costs related to
- Technical skills – has a grasp on construction means and
methods, a knowledge of creating accurate estimates leveraging
systems, with the ability to learn new software.
- Critical thinker –the ability to think outside the box to
provide technical solutions to our clients, identifying ways to
build things at the minimum cost.
- Time management – has a strong systematic and organized
approach towards work, able to plan their time wisely in a
fast-paced environment, often with competing deadlines.
- Effective communicator – both written and orally, ensuring that
complex details are conveyed in a way that are understood by
internal and external clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Civil or Structural
Engineering, Business Administration or at least 10 years’
experience of relative job experience in the heavy civil or marine
- 10 years’ experience working in the heavy civil/marine
construction industry with at least five years of estimating
- Experience estimating projects with values between $1 - $50
- Effectively creates estimates using HCSS Heavy Bid.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite,
AutoCAD, Bluebeam, MS Project, and Primavera P6.
- The ability to write technical reports, business
correspondence, and proposals.
- Relationship building between internal and external
- Formulate project estimates and proposals to ensure a quality,
accurate and timely submission. This includes working closely with
current team of estimators and PM’s to provide turnkey cost
estimates, including the mentoring of new estimators.
- Assist in maintaining project schedules by monitoring project
- Develop project work plans, schedules, and submittals.
- Perform material take-offs, organizes pre-bid data, researches
past costs, and develops construction sequence.
- Perform site visits and investigations as needed.
- Attend pre-job meetings and produces pre-bid construction
- Conduct constructability studies.
- Present estimate quantities, rationale, and scheme to
management during bid reviews.
- Organize and conduct handoff of project to operations if
- Attend and is an active participant in weekly job progress
meetings with operations, accounting, and field crews.
Keywords: Gables Search Group, Quincy , Estimator, Other , Quincy, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!