Company: National Fire Protection Association
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The National Fire Protection Association's mission is to help
save lives and reduce loss with information, knowledge and passion.
An international self-funded nonprofit established in 1896, we are
dedicated to the elimination of death, injury, property and
economic loss due to fire, electrical and related hazards. The
Association delivers information and knowledge through more than
300 consensus codes and standards, research, training, education,
outreach and advocacy; and by partnering with others who share an
interest in furthering the NFPA mission.
NFPA's busy Accounting Team is looking for an experienced
Accountant to support the department. With work ranging from
preparing general ledger journal entries to managing the inventory
cost adjustment process, there is always exciting work to be done!
If you have experience working as part of a fast-paced, focused
Accounting Department - we'd love to hear from you!
A Little Bit About You:
- You have earned your BS Degree in Accounting or Finance degree.
Plus, five (5) years of experience working in an accounting
- You excel in the office! Your solid experience with the use of
Microsoft Office Suite, particularly word and excel proves it.
- A polished communication comes second nature to you. You listen
to understand along with your positive approach provides an
exceptional ability to connect with others.
- Impeccably organized, you are able to shift your priorities due
to your fast and forward-thinking mindset.
- You are in control. Inventory control that is, you have a
plethora of experience when it comes to Purchasing and Inventory
- An eagle eye for the tiny details. You are known for your
impeccable attention to the particulars.
- You are motivated. You work well independently. You seek and
show initiative and have a list of examples to share with us.
- Consider yourself a gap filler. When it comes to your
demonstrated knowledge of US GAAP.
- You are proficient in the use of JD Edwards, and if not, you
consider yourself as someone who can learn systems quickly.
- A team player. Not to sound clich but you understand the
immense value of working together as a unit. You are willing to
jump in wherever and whenever needed. On the other hand, you are
not afraid to ask questions and request help when needed.
- You are positively curious and want to understand the mission
and goals of NFPA, and how you can make an impact as part of our
- Although you work in accounting, you are accountable with a
capital A! You own your role and take responsibility for your
output, following through, and understand that mistakes happen and
can be learned from.
The Nitty Gritty:
- Assemble and post monthly accruals and journal entries for all
- Review monthly investment activities and ensure transactions
are accurately reflected in the general ledger,
- Prepare schedules and supporting documentation for external
audits and tax reporting,
- Maintain vendor address book and internal controls related to
- Oversee cost accounting and ensure inventory management
transactions are accurately reflected in the general ledger,
- Purchasing systems data and approval flow maintenance,
- Support internal stakeholders through cross-department
- Update procedure documentation as needed,
- Prepare financial statements and reports including preparing
supporting schedules for management review,
- Reconcile assigned general ledger accounts and post reconciling
- Support the accounting department, division and association
with special projects and team efforts.
Keywords: National Fire Protection Association, Quincy , Accountant, Other , Quincy, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!