Application Developer - Middleware / Java, AVP
Company: State Street Global Advisors
Posted on: June 1, 2021
State Street Integration Services (iSVCS) is a strategic shared
services middleware integration platform developed in-house that
provides integration solutions and services across State Street
Alpha, Global Services, Global Markets (SSgM), Global Advisors
(SSgA), and Global Exchange (SSgX); integrating our various
business areas with our systems and our clients. The solutions
architected/ developed today provide extreme scale for high volume
messaging and high availability at an enterprise level. The
services provided include but are not be limited to Message capture
and delivery, Data transformation/mediation/enrichment, and Publish
We are looking for a candidate who is highly motivated,
energetic, and technology savvy. Can work independently or as part
of a development team in a highly competitive and fast paced
environment. The individual must have strong communications skills,
as he or she will be responsible for interacting with the business,
our clients, and other IT areas developing integration
As Lead Senior Developer, Assistant Vice President and a member
of the Alpha, GX, IMS Technology (iSVCS) team at State Street the
- Responsible for Application Design, Development and Resiliency
for Enterprise iSVCS Frameworks.
- This mid-level technology position manages a team of
developers, plays an influential role for improving software
design, quality and improving associate talent, commitment and
- will have the exciting opportunity to contribute and grow
within a diverse team of integration architects, developers, and
technologist in one of the hottest areas in the market.
- He or she will have the responsibility to develop hands on
integration solutions and services using premier technology
platforms like Kafka, workflow engines, micro services, cloud
native programming within monolith as well as distributed
- Provide technology leadership across enterprise shared services
products in partnership with senior architects and product
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Developing hands on iSVCS integration solutions and
- Evangelizing iSVCS service offerings with our various
businesses, other IT areas and our clients.
- Continuously improve the Application Development and support
- Identify and complete opportunities for automation
- Improve internal development and support processes
- Meet or exceed commitments to customers
- Foster a service attitude
- Partner with technology senior colleagues to ensure reliable,
efficient daily operating capabilities.
- Ensure Application Development initiatives are well managed and
deliver on expectations re functionality, timeliness, and
- Promote agile application development where appropriate.
- Cultivate technical talent to deliver results and support
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Full stack Java developer.
- 8+ years of hands on experience in Java and enterprise
messaging development like IBM MQ & Kafka.
- Experience with UI technology , ReactJS & JQuery.
- The highly qualified candidate needs to demonstrate a strong
level of competence in Results Focus, Business Acumen and Curiosity
and Technology Level Influence/Teamwork
- Experience with or knowledge of Kafka, Kafka Streams, workflow
engines, micro services and cloud native programming, Spring boot,
- Experience with UNIX and shell scripting.
- Solid understanding of different transmission protocols
including but not limited to SFTP, FTS, HTTP/HTTPS, Web Services,
REST endpoints, WebSockets, NDM etc.
- Experience with or knowledge of vendor products like Secure
Transport, Fix Engine, SWIFT Alliance Access/Gateway, Connect
Direct NDM, etc. a plus.
- Experience with or knowledge of SWIFT (ISO15022, ISO20022),
FpML, FIX, and other industry standards is a plus.
- Experience with or knowledge of Kafka and Kafka Streams a
- Experience in or knowledge of Agile or Industrialized Agile a
Why this role is important to us:
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is
vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to
deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the
company's digital transformation and expanding business
capabilities using industry best practices and advanced
technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and
innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for
top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative
technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end,
next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real
problems and make your mark on our industry.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks,
asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From
technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the
financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've
been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of
millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data &
analytics, investment research & trading and investment management
to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work
environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and
comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect
generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other
perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you
match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and
educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe
our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are
a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where
everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding
value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome
the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental
value at State Street is active engagement with our communities
around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have
tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid
volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee
networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
Keywords: State Street Global Advisors, Quincy , Application Developer - Middleware / Java, AVP, Other , Quincy, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!