Field Service Technician
Company: Cubic Corporation
Posted on: June 1, 2021
Cubic Transportation Systems
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for
government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to
solve their future problems today. We're the leading integrator of
payment and information technology and services for intelligent
travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic
combat training systems, secure communications and networking and
highly specialized support services for military and security
forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an
entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we
want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking
employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of
hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect.
We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Job Summary: Operates and maintains digital and analog
electronics devices. Determine the best solutions to repairs and
troubleshoots assemblies to the module level. Documents maintenance
efforts. This position typically works under close supervision and
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist other Field Technicians in setting up, installing and
initiating the operations and servicing of equipment.
- Interpret complex schematics, engineering drawing, wiring
diagrams, work orders, maintenance and technical manuals.
- Utilizes various maintenance and repair manuals, test
equipment, wiring diagrams, schematics, electronic devices and
electrical equipment to test, rework, repair, troubleshoot and
- Interfaces with customer agency in a professional manner.
- Identify and analyzes equipment malfunctions, replace spares,
troubleshoot faults after isolation and repair modules with
- Uses general purpose test equipment, basic hand tools and
special tooling as required.
- Use a variety of electronic measuring devices and test
- Initializes and determines readiness of electronic devices for
- Maintains records of all maintenance activities in accordance
with contractual requirements.
- Perform preventative maintenance as directed.
- Build cable assemblies, Printed Circuit Board (PCB's), and
modify electrical prototypes and revises documentation as required
to correct functional deviations.
- Maintain a sound knowledge of Occupation Health &Safety and
take an active part in safety issues as required.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Two-year college degree, or equivalent, in electronics,
computer science, information systems and/or related technical
- Literate in computer usage.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions, prioritize
work, complete multiple tasks, work under deadlines, concentrate
and apply craft skills.
- Ability to see color (red, green, and blue)
- Ability to read and interpret technical material.
- Must be able to lift 50 Lbs.
- Ability to walk, stand and sit for extended periods, and to
- Ability to work in hectic and noisy environments.
The description provided above is not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and
requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change
over time and according to business need.
Keywords: Cubic Corporation, Quincy , Field Service Technician, Other , Quincy, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!