Full Time Retail Space Planning Analyst SAS
SAS Retail Services provides national retail merchandising
services to a host of fortune 500 CPG companies, distributors, and
wholesalers, within the grocery, mass, home/hardware, and drug
We are looking to hire a Space Management Support Analyst who
will be responsible for assisting in the execution of the
Retailer's Space Management GM process. This is an entry level
Space Planning position within SAS. The Support Analyst will work
closely with a team to accomplish desired business objectives and
goals. This position will entail assisting with the creation of
planograms, analyzing the data to determine space allocation impact
and proposing ideas that will positively impact the sales
Our people are what make SAS Retail Services a great place to
work. All of us work hard to win for the customer - some of the
nation's largest retailers - and that's what makes it fun, the
drive to do whatever it takes to get the job done. APPLY TODAY!
What We Offer
- Medical, Dental, Vision after 30 days.
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- 401(K) Plan
- Generous paid time off.
- Paid training and ongoing career development certifications and
- Support the execution of the Retailer's space management
process using customer insights and market data.
- Collaborate with category teams to identify specific goals for
the merchandise reset.
- Assist with the creation of planograms and product assortments
in a timely manner.
- Make recommendations regarding assortment and space allocation
solutions which positively impact the Retailer's sales margins and
- Communicate issues to various teams and propose ideas for
- Assist in compiling and analyzing data for assigned
- Assist with running internal reports to determine product
viability and preference.
- May assist with creating merchandise presentations that enhance
the customer shopping experience and contribute to our Customer 1st
- Perform other duties as required.
- High School diploma required.
- Preferred: prior Space Management experience, college
- Must have 1 year of retail/merchandising or related field
- Preliminary knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills.
- Ability to work closely in a multi-functional cross-company
- Ability to create and deliver effective persuasive
- Able to meet deadlines, manage time effectively
The Company is one of North America's leading sales and
marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising,
category management and marketing services to manufacturers,
suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged
goods. The company services a variety of trade channels including
grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar,
club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge
the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers
access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Space Planning Associate works directly with Company's
customers by analyzing shelving data and building planograms in a
way that best fits client/customer's objectives. Responsible for
the efficient and effective managing of assigned categories.
Expected to be tactically sound and strategic in plan development.
This position can be located in-house with the customer or work
remotely as outlined by customer.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress,
coordinating activities, resolving problems, and make adjustments
as needed to meet deadlines
- Support retailers and/or clients POG development throughout
defined category review process or client initiatives
- Communicate business opportunities and recommend action plans
by working with clients, customers, and/or Business Development
- Organize information by studying, analyzing, interpreting, and
- Executes test sets in set room
- Determine and quantify primary business opportunities and key
drivers as they pertain to shelving
- Support key business opportunities by recommending
merchandising/assortment solutions based on applicable data
- Prioritize optimal assortment and/or shelving information to
support the goals of our clients, customers, and company
- Evaluate the reliability of source information by weighing raw
data and organizing results for analysis
POG Data Collection
- Provide planogram information for clients, customers, and/or
Business Development Managers through the use of syndicated or
customer-specific data sources
- Meet specific needs of requesting party by determining
appropriate movement/performance data selection such as share of
shelf, days of supply, pack out, etc.
- Maintain information inputs in Company's proprietary POG
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for
This position does not have guidance or mentoring
responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel is an essential duty and function of this job. Driving is
not an essential duty or function of this job.
Tavel up to 25%
Minimum QualificationsThe following are the minimum job-related
qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully
perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): High School Diploma or GED or
(Preferred): Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
- 2-4 years of experience in merchandising and planogram
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Analytical and research Skills
- Working knowledge of syndicated data and applications
- Strong merchandising and planogram development skills
- Basic understanding of category management
- Ability to gather data, to compile information, and prepare
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a
fast-paced work environment
- Strong prioritization skills
- Flexible and adaptable, able to change and alter according to
changes in projects or business environment
- Team building Skills
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Ability to ensure a high level of service and quality is
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers
- Experience using planogram software (JDA Space Planning,
Apollo, Spaceman, etc.)
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the
job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment.
Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time
(66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter
data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by
one's supervisor or other manager related to the
position/department. This job description is meant to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed; it is not
intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The
Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to
alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job
position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to
applicable law. The company shall provide reasonable accommodations
of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee
to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the
job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required
by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in
this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is
only intended to help describe job duties and for planning
purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline,
associates must always record all time worked for our company
(which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an
assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting
time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all
employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental
disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this
commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of
known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for
employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy
the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the