Front End Developer
Company: National Fire Protection Association
Posted on: June 4, 2021
The National Fire Protection Association's mission is to help
save lives and reduce loss with information, knowledge and passion.
Established in 1896, we are dedicated to the elimination of death,
injury, property and economic loss due to fire, electrical and
related hazards. The Association delivers information and knowledge
through more than 300 consensus codes and standards, research,
training, education, outreach and advocacy; and by partnering with
others who share an interest in furthering the NFPA mission.
Over the past few years, we have been taking steps to transform
our business as more of an information and knowledge organization.
Embarking on digital transformation, so that we can grow and
thrive. To accomplish this, we need effective leaders at all levels
of the Association who know what we are striving for, why it is
important, how to execute on our vision and who passionately want
to see NFPA through this important stage. It is an exciting and
empowering time to work at NFPA.
NFPA is searching for a highly motivated Front-End Developer to
combine and drive the art of design with the creativity of
programming. Your focus is on translation of the UI/UX wireframes
and high-fidelity designs to actual code that will produce visual
elements of the application. You work alongside internal teams,
vendors and agencies to bridge the gap between design and technical
implementation. You own an active role in defining, leading and
delivering how the application looks and performs.
A Little Bit About You:
- You've earned your BS degree in computer science or related
field plus 3 or more years of delivering large-scale web
applications experience OR a minimum of 7 years of solid hands-on
- You have the Ds covered. Design, development and deployment.
You have a deep understanding of the entire web development
- Keeping with the D theme here, you are downright determined to
- React.js is at your core. Or should we say React.js' core
principles; figuratively speaking.
- You have experience implementing both internal and publicly
available RESTful APIs that use JSON.
- You avoid having issues; software issues that is. A strong
knowledge and awareness of browser and device compatibility issues,
including creative ways to predict, avoid and workaround them.
- Consider yourself a champion for best practices when it comes
to optimizing for performance.
- You are confident in your knowledge of the complexities of
- You make testing look easy with your exceptional experience
with automated functional testing suites such as Cypress or
- You aim for excellence in everything you encompass! You
embrace, evaluate, experiment emerging technology in order to
- You have a background in creating responsive, single page web
- Motivation is your middle name. You work well independently.
You seek and show initiative and have a list of examples to share
- Problem solving is not a problem for you. You are fluent in
interpreting internal and external business issues and needs. Your
recommendations include anticipated issues before they arise and
work to solve them ahead of time. You seek long-term
- You have developed advanced skills including time management, a
great ability to plan ahead and learned to become very flexible in
the moment. In other words, you perform outstandingly well in a
- A demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing
to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Communication is key! You provide product owners, business
analysists and marketing with updates, synthesize feedback, and
ensure cross-functional alignment and translate that communication
into functional requirements and final code.
- A team player. Not to sound clich but you understand that
individual commitment is group effort and are not afraid to admit
you have a lot to learn. With that said, you enjoy training and
teaching others your knowledge.
- You are positively curious and want to understand the mission
and goals of NFPA, and how you can make a significant impact as
part of our team.
- Although you do not work in the accounting department, you are
Accountable with a capital A! You own it. Your role, output, follow
through, mistakes, initiatives, responsibilities - you own all of
The Nitty Gritty:
- Develop fast, robust, and rich reusable web-based solutions to
solve complex business problems, using the latest front-end
- Maintain and improve existing websites and their
- Optimize front-end code for speed, responsiveness, and
- Collaborate with our partner on front-end development for our
new flagship web application using React.js, which we will
eventually take in-house.
- Partner with UX designers and back-end developers to improve CX
across all applications.
- Write functional requirements, implement and document seamless
solutions that support the speed of the organization.
- Assist back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Obtain feedback and build solutions for product owners and
- Implement and ensure high quality graphic standards and brand
- Stay ahead of and up to date on emerging technologies.
Experience with the following is a plus:
- Sitecore component and page development
- .NET/C# development
- Mobile development, especially React Native and/or PWA
- React.js workflows (e.g., Flux, Redux)
- Experience with jQuery and Kendo
- CI/CD tools such as Jenkins and Octopus
- Bootstrap or similar front-end frameworks
- SASS mixins, includes or other CSS processing to allow for
- NPM, Webpack or other bundler configurations
- Writing functional JS code (as opposed to procedural)
- Jira and/or VSTS for story/task management
- Documentation in Confluence
- Understanding of new (2019) React API Context and Hooks
- Understanding of Atomic design principles
- Experience building UI components in Storybook
- AWS and/or Azure cloud environments
Keywords: National Fire Protection Association, Quincy , Front End Developer, Other , Quincy, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!