Associate Director - Finance - Concord, NH
Company: St. Paul's School
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Associate Director of Finance is responsible for the day to
day monitoring of operations through analysis and reporting. They
will assist the Director of Finance in various financial functions
as directed including accounts receivable, accounts payable,
payroll, projections, statistical reporting, and budgeting. The
Associate Director of Finance must possess a thorough understanding
of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
This position requires the ability to review, analyze, maintain
accurate general ledger accounts, and prepare and analyze financial
management reports for the monthly reporting package.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following (other duties may be assigned at any time
at the discretion of the employee’s supervisor):
- Ensure the integrity and proper documentation of transactions
within the accounting cycle
- Ensure that proper internal controls are in place at all times,
and reviewed routinely
- Ensure proper recording of investments and proper reporting of
- Treasury management and review, monitor liquid cash, and
initiate transfers when necessary
- Internal monthly budget reporting, monitoring, and review with
- Assist with the preparation of financial statements in
accordance with GAAP
- Ensure all accounts are reconciled
- Assist in the preparation of monthly reporting package
- Perform a monthly analysis of the data to ensure integrity,
accuracy and critical review for process improvement
- Liaison for annual audit
- Assist in preparing and reviewing year-end entries
- Assist with preparation of materials for governance
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance or Chief
Operating and Financial Officer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able
to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or closely related field
- CPA or advanced degree in accounting or finance required.
- Education or non-profit industry experience preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple
tasks in a timely manner.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel,
Powerpoint, and Outlook).
- Comfortable multitasking and working independently with
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Possess team-building, consensus-building, decision making, and
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
- Willing to work extended hours when necessary including
The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, would occasionally be
required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or
balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands
to feel objects, tools or controls
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision,
distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust
- Must be able to climb stairs and be capable of using visual
display keyboard with continuous wrist movement on a keyboard
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
The work environment is a typical office. Routinely a
Monday through Friday, regular business hour schedule.
However, evenings and weekend responsibilities can be frequent
based on the needs of the department.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and three (3)
professional references with your application.
St. Paul's School is proud to
be an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to the
principles of diversity. St. Paul's School does not discriminate on
the basis of race, creed, ethnic origin, disability or sexual
orientation, and complies with applicable laws for the protection
of civil rights.
- Bachelors or better in Accounting
Licenses & Certifications
Keywords: St. Paul's School, Quincy , Associate Director - Finance - Concord, NH, Other , Quincy, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!