Company: National Fire Protection Association
Posted on: June 7, 2021
The National Fire Protection Association's mission is to help
save lives and reduce loss with information, knowledge and passion.
An international self-funded nonprofit established in 1896, we are
dedicated to the elimination of death, injury, property and
economic loss due to fire, electrical and related hazards. The
Association delivers information and knowledge through more than
300 consensus codes and standards, research, training, education,
outreach and advocacy; and by partnering with others who share an
interest in furthering the NFPA mission.
NFPA is seeking a Senior Writer! The Senior Writer develops and
owns our brand voice through authentic storytelling that results in
increased brand awareness, sales, and traffic. This position
possesses skills and experience in idea generation and writing,
that can flex from digital to social to traditional and short to
long form. This position leads the development of copy across
multiple channels and is ultimately responsible for the quality of
the final deliverables. This position will be the subject matter
expert across all of the LOBs - researching and thoroughly
understanding key business objectives, challenges, and competitive
landscape. If you're up for the challenge, read on!
A Little Bit about You:
- Your writing and editing skills are superb! You exhibit strong
fundamental grammar, spelling, and punctuation skills with a keen
eye for detail. Your experience writing for a professional audience
has allowed you to become comfortable writing both actionable
short-form copy (think: digital marketing ads, emails, etc.) and
also more complex storytelling (ad copy for print publications,
technical online catalog copy).
- You are known for your meticulous attention to detail, ability
to multitask, and organizational super powers!
- English was your favorite subject in school. You pose a strong
ability to articulate your ideas and opinions, with proof points to
ground them. You communicate complex technical language and
marketing principles in a way that is on brand and coherent in
terms of style and tone of voice across all channels.
- You know your audience and what they want! You have created
compelling ads, copy, and headlines for campaigns that drive the
reader to take a desired action. You are endlessly curious about
customers' passions, needs, and pain points.
- Feedback is your favorite! You enjoy interviewing key
stakeholders and businesses for testimonials or case studies.
Speaking with key stakeholders and businesses helps drive your
creative side and understanding of what your audience needs.
- You are a story teller! (But for Non-fiction stories.) By
writing compelling and technically accurate copy for a variety of
audiences and channels for products, new training and certification
offerings, and marketing promotions, you provide your readers with
the most accurate and up to date information. You also understand
the differences in communication needed for B2B and B2C
- You collaborate in your sleep! You work with the necessary
teams to develop copy across all channels.
- You are well versed in writing SEO copy for the online catalog
to drive traffic to the site/products.
- You provide quality assurance on all marketing copy and traffic
it through the approval process that includes legal, proofing, and
- A highly skilled communicator and you aren't afraid to ask the
critical questions. You have an exceptional ability to connect with
- Your self-starter is built-in. You act with your information
and knowledge to make things happen. You look for ways to improve
and do it!
- You are positively curious and want to understand the mission
and goals of NFPA, and how you can make an impact as part of our
- You own it. Your role, output, follow through, mistakes,
initiatives, responsibilities - you own all of it!
The Nitty Gritty:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, English, Journalism, Technical
Writing or related field (preferred)
- 4-6 years of relevant experience
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively. Strong
knowledge of SEO practices and tools.
- Computer skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel &
- Strong knowledge of Chicago Manual of Style
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English. Exhibit strong
fundamental grammar, spelling, and punctuation skills with a sharp
attention to detail
- Excellent communication and presentation skills - both written
- Strong project management skills and experience; Ability to set
priorities and meet deadlines for self and others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where deadlines are
daily and the volume of work is high.
Keywords: National Fire Protection Association, Quincy , Senior Writer, Other , Quincy, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!