Memory Care Activity Specialist - Atria Marina Place
Company: Atria Senior Living Group, Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
What's the difference between a job and a meaningful, rewarding
career? The people you serve. When you work at Atria, you have a
front-row seat to the amazing life stories of the wisest people on
earth. What's more, you are part of an extraordinary company - one
that's investing in the future of senior living by investing in
you. Don't just do a job. Be part of an extraordinary life.
Atria is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing
equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age,
national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status,
or any other classification protected by applicable law. Atria will
not tolerate harassment or discrimination based on any of these
- Leads assigned Life Guidance programs and develops service
- Offers adequate and diversified recreational activities to
residents with sufficient supervision for each activity.
- Proactively involves all Life Guidance staff in the planning
and implementation of the daily program which includes all
activities of daily living.
- Plans individual birthday celebrations for each resident.
- Develops programs for residents including, if applicable,
programs designed for residents confined to their rooms.
- Engages and motivates residents resulting in program
- Greets new residents making a special effort to include and
engage them in activities and introduce them to others in the
community with similar interests and backgrounds.
- Assists in planning parties and activities as well as
decorating the community according to the season and/or holiday
throughout the years as well as planning monthly birthday parties
to honor residents.
- Supports and actively participates in the community's census
- Maintains records of all activities, resident participation
levels and acceptance of each activity by residents as required by
- Assists Life Guidance Director in enlisting the services of
volunteers to aid the activities program.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one
to two years prior experience with an adult population developing
and implementing activities and/or training; or an equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Must have a working knowledge of the methods of recreational
therapy or activity programming and their application to activity
and leisure needs of residents with Alzheimer's/Dementia.
- Required certification(s) based on current state
- Able to work various schedules and shifts as needed.
Activity Coordinator, Activity Planner, Event Planner, Memory
Care, Dementia, Alzheimer's, Alzheimers Event Coordinator,
Activity, Activities, Event
Keywords: Atria Senior Living Group, Inc., Quincy , Memory Care Activity Specialist - Atria Marina Place, Other , Quincy, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!