Posted on: June 8, 2021
We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners
and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams.
Today, we're the largest full-service vacation rental company in
North America. Today, we're one of the fastest-growing vacation
rental companies in the world-thanks to the people who give us
their best every day. You'll fit right in here if you're curious,
entrepreneurial, and thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Operations at Vacasa
We live by a simple motto: happy team, happy owners, happy
guests. Our local people are what set Vacasa apart. We're
hospitality professionals dedicated to the communities we work
with. We're the behind-the-scenes problem-solvers who create
worry-free experiences for our owners and guests.
What we're looking for
We are currently looking for a Runner with a knack for fixing
things to help out our guests. The Runner position will assist in
the maintenance needs of all Vacasa properties. You will spend your
days traveling conducting basic maintenance in our homes. Coming to
the rescue of our guests by diagnosing urgent issues in our homes
and helping support the guest operations team.
This is a seasonal position from 5/15/2021 - 10/31/2021.
What you'll do
- Expect the unexpected, no day is the same and it will be spent
traveling, performing basic maintenance and tasks in our homes.
Flexibility and adaptability is a must.
- Work as part of our operations team to support the day to day,
running keys and coming to the rescue of any team member in
- Run linens to Housekeepers
- Use your basic knowledge of maintenance tasks such as hanging
pictures, fixing blinds and changing light-bulbs.
- Bring your skills and interest to learn home repairs including
appliance trouble-shooting, cable/wifi troubleshooting, basic
knowledge of HVAC systems and light plumbing [like fixing a leaky
- Correspond on a regular basis via email and phone with the
Local team and Central team.
- Order, maintain and replenish maintenance supplies and
- The job duties described, are not to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of this position. All employees may be required to perform
duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time,
The skills you'll need
- Communicator: proactively communicate with our guests, owners,
housekeeping team, maintenance team and local/central teams via
email, phone, and in person.
- Problem Solver: at Vacasa, we always seek to head problems off
at the pass, but chaos theory prevails and we can't pre-solve for
everything. When something doesn't go according to plan, you will
need to go into action and work with teams across Vacasa to turn
problems into opportunities.
- Can do/will do attitude: when guests are on vacation, we are
our busiest. A willingness to help when needed is essential. This
will include weekends and holidays.
- Natural born leader: as a Maintenance Runner, you will need to
take charge and rescue the tasks at hand. Your ability to think on
your feet, be collective with your thoughts and have a positive way
of interacting with others is essential.
- Computer Savvy: Our custom developed management software has
set Vacasa apart as an industry leader. We use our system to manage
all aspects of our business. While we will never ask you to do any
coding, we will want you to be very comfortable using a computer.
If you commonly find yourself saying, "I bet I can get on youtube
and figure out how to do that.", you'll be just fine.
- Highly Organized: This position requires balancing competing
priorities on a day to day and minute by minute basis. At Vacasa we
are dedicated to providing the best tools possible to manage the
workload, but there is a critical human piece that you will
provide. We rely on you to balance those priorities and kick into
action with your organization skills to manage the workload.
- Change Agent: At Vacasa, we firmly believe that every employee
should be a stakeholder in improving our owner and guest
experience. As an agent of change we will ask you to help identify
areas where we have an opportunity to improve.
- The ability to lift up to 20 pounds
- Reasonable comfort level with computers and smart devices
- Access to the internet and the ability to check your email on a
- $500 bonus!
What you'll get
Keywords: Vacasa, Quincy , Runner, Other , Provincetown, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!