Tax Principal- Health Care
Company: Clifton Larson Allen
Posted on: June 8, 2021
At CLA we create inspired careers.
We recognize that not everyone wants to grow their career in the
same way. That's why CLA exists to create opportunities. We promise
to know you and help you.
We currently have an excellent opportunity to join us as a Tax
Principal to lead our growing tax practice in our Quincy location.
The Principal contributes at the highest level in their industry
and excels at client advisory, service advocacy, relationship
development, and leadership. They have 100% accountability for the
client relationship, delivery of the CLA Promise and deliverables
for all CLA's service capabilities.
- Lead a team of tax and industry professionals to deliver tax
compliance and consulting services, including mentoring the team to
get to know and help their clients by developing a deep
understanding of their businesses and delivering the firm's
services to fully meet client's needs.
- Assume full responsibility for all services for clients in book
- Review and sign engagement letters, discuss the nature and
terms of assignments with clients and staff, and approve fees.
- Review and approve work papers and tax returns prepared by
- Periodically review engagement progress to determine whether
all phases of the engagement are being carried out properly.
- Review time budgets and deadlines, provide ongoing attention to
client's management, and attend final client meetings.
- Communicate with managers and staff regarding engagement
status, client problems, findings, and recommendations.
- Review and sign client deliverables.
- Keep current on tax law changes.
- Demonstrate leadership among staff and other principals.
- Actively develop new business and expand services to existing
- Demonstrate commitment to the firm through a willingness to
devote time to the practice.
- Cultivate an understanding of the firm's resources and when to
involve other firm professionals.
- Maintain steady contact with clients throughout the business
year, acquiring thorough knowledge of clients and all facets of
their business to effectively attend to the client's needs and to
expand services as applicable.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Taxation or related field and
an advanced taxation degree
- Current CPA licensure required.
- 10+ years of public accounting experience serving in a tax role
with a public accounting and/or professional services firm
- Advanced technical knowledge of tax law and preparation
- Significant demonstrated experience managing business and
personal tax engagements with a deep understanding of partnership,
S corporation, C corporation and complex personal tax
- Demonstrated ability to manage client relationships, as well as
develop and train staff through supervised practice.
- Possesses strong leadership, team building and mentoring
- Ability to think independently and be committed to change.
- Good business sense and conflict management capabilities with
strong communication and analytical thinking skills.
- Excellent client service orientation with an ability to expand
services and develop new business.
CLA exists to create opportunities for our people, our clients,
and our communities. We are a proud equal opportunity/affirmative
action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/
Keywords: Clifton Larson Allen, Quincy , Tax Principal- Health Care, Other , Quincy, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!