Who we are looking for
State Street seeks to recruit a Cyber Fusion Business and
Operations Architecture - Managing Director to enable the
transformation from a legacy Security Operations Model, to a
pro-active intelligence drive fusion model that better protects
State Street, its customers and partners from the ever evolving and
sophisticated global threat actors.
The Cyber Fusion Business and Operations Architecture, Managing
Director plays a key role in structuring the Cyber Fusion
Transformation Center in terms of its governance structure,
business processes, and business information. This role is
responsible for the alignment of Fusion Center strategic goals and
objectives with decisions regarding organizational processes;
capabilities; and key business and Cyber Fusion initiatives. The
Cyber Fusion Business and Operations manager leads a staff to
develop an integrated view of the Fusion Operations using a
repeatable approach, cohesive framework, and available industry
What you will be responsible for
- Work at every level of the organization to solicit strategic
imperatives from senior leaders and executives, and supporting
business unit managers as they leverage business architecture
artifacts to create their business plans.
- Provide direct input into the governance cycle that supports
the achievement of key cyber security goals and delivery of bottom
line business value.
- Work closely with counterparts in IT and across the Cyber
Fusion Center to align technical solutions with business
- Apply a structured business architecture approach and
methodology for capturing the key views of the enterprise.
- Develop a Cyber Fusion business architecture strategy based on
a situational awareness of various business scenarios and
- Capture the tactical and strategic enterprise goals that
provide traceability through the organization and are mapped to
metrics that provide ongoing governance.
- Describe the primary business functions of the Cyber Fusion
Center and distinguish between customer-facing, supplier-related,
business execution and business management functions.
- Define the set of strategic, core and support processes for the
Fusion Center that transcend functional and organizational
boundaries; identify and describe external entities such as
customers, suppliers, and external systems that interact with the
Fusion Center; and describe which people, resources and controls
are involved in the processes.
- Define the data shared across the enterprise and the
relationships between those data.
- Capture the relationships among roles, capabilities and
business units, the decomposition of those business units into
subunits, and the internal or external management of those
- Coach and mentor functional leaders on Cyber Fusion integration
- Collaborate with Cyber Architecture and Engineering team to
ensure the appropriate architecture and engineering solutions to
support the fusion model.
- Build and lead effective fusion teams to deliver world class
- Ensure the effective management and delivery of cyber fusion
- Create visibility through effective metrics and reporting.
- Support development and implementation of Cyber Fusion Center
strategies aligned to key State Street risk and business
- Support the design and implementation of Cyber Fusion
Center/SOC operating models, identifying, evaluating, and providing
solutions via a threat and intel based approach.
- Build and nurture positive working relationships with clients
with the intention to exceed client expectations.
- Work cross-functionally with team members to support and drive
a collaborative team environment.
- Cyber Fusion Business Architecture Framework
- Documented alignment of Fusion Center strategy to cyber
security goals and objectives
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 15+ years of managerial experience in information security, a
security related field or other complex information risk management
- Modern technical understanding and experience developing and
implementation large-scale innovation. Depth with modern technology
stacks - data science, machine learning, cloud (hybrid)
- Has lead teams in excess of 200 - FTE and
- Experience operating in regulated environment
- Bachelors degree in a technical field
Critical Leadership Capabilities
- Driving results
- Strategic Thinking
- Collaborating & Influencing
- Change Management
- Senior Executive communication
Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is
vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to
deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the
company's digital transformation and expanding business
capabilities using industry best practices and advanced
technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and
innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for
top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative
technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end,
next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real
problems and make your mark on our industry.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks,
asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From
technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the
financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've
been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of
millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data &
analytics, investment research & trading and investment management
to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work
environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and
comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect
generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other
perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you
match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and
educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe
our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are
a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where
everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding
value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome
the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental
value at State Street is active engagement with our communities
around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have
tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid
volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee
networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers