508-Quincy Production Associate I
Company: Morgan Memorial Goodwill Industries
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Morgan Memorial Goodwill Industries' mission is to help
individuals with barriers to self-sufficiency to achieve
independence and dignity through work. Not charity, but a
508-Quincy Production Associate I
This position is responsible for inspecting and sorting all donated
textiles and hard goods. Makes price tickets and prepares
merchandise for resale in the store. Discard items determined to be
not sellable. Performs quality inspections and attaches proper
price ticket. Maintain a neat and organized work area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
* Accepts various donations from donors, provides donation tax
receipts and records number of donors.
* Inspects and sorts all donated textiles (clothing) and hard
goods. Insures all textiles have no rips, stains or tears and all
hard goods are of some value. Discards items below quality
standards (or no value) to salvage or trash. Identifies good
quality merchandise and prices accordingly. Separates and stages
seasonal items for future use (i.e. Christmas, Halloween).
* Separates items by category. Prints price tickets and attaches to
items in need of tickets. Calculates 50% of retail price on some
items, uses standard list for all other items.
* Places priced and tagged items in appropriate locations
throughout the store.
* Processes donated items through the various sorting stations of
the store (textiles, hard-goods, shoes, glass, books, china, trash,
and salvage). Identifies and discards items that are not sold as
per company policy.
* After inspection places textiles on processing table to be hung.
Pin tags various categories of textiles. Hangs textiles on sales
floor based on priority, as determined by the store management.
* Matches quality footwear and bands pair together if a band is not
already in place.
* Locates supplies needed for processing and reports low inventory
to Store Management.
* Labels all outbound hampers and bins with proper destination tag
for merchandise being sent to the Boston Distribution Center.
* May operate hand truck or fork lift hand truck to move pallets or
heavy boxes and bins into distribution trucks.
* Keeps work area neat; cleans and sweeps area at the end of each
* May perform light maintenance duties around the store (cleaning
bathrooms, minor repairs to fixtures and racks)
* Refers to CPSC bulletin board, and stays aware of most recent
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* High School graduate/GED or equivalent work experience
* Requires acceptable results of CORI check according to Goodwill
policy and requirements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk, use
hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, and
talk or hear.
* The employee must be able to push/pull laundry hampers of up to
* The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include depth
perception, peripheral vision, the ability to distinguish basic
colors and the ability to adjust vision to bring objects into
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
* Normal warehouse and retail store environment.
* Exposure to environmental conditions of dust, heat and cold.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or national origin.
* Pay Type Hourly
* Travel Required No
* Required Education High School
* Job Start Date Tuesday, April 26, 2022
* Quincy, MA, USA
Keywords: Morgan Memorial Goodwill Industries, Quincy , 508-Quincy Production Associate I, Other , Quincy, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!