Posted on: May 15, 2022
The Opportunity: Housing Specialist, Behavioral Health ServicesWho
We Are -- VOAMASS gives members of the community who need help the
most the services, support, and self-esteem they need to create a
fresh start. At VOAMASS, our dedicated teams are committed to
serving the whole person. What We Do -- Through our powerful
integrated behavioral health care model, we bring together vast
resources from a diverse team of caring staff to help each client
meet their personal goals. The care we provide paves the way for
greater opportunity and second chances by focusing on the critical
pillars towards a healthy life: behavioral health, financial
stability, and safe housing.As a Housing Specialist, you'll have a
dynamic and critical role by ensuring our work results in a
consistent and positive flow of housing opportunities for program
participants. As Housing Specialist, you will coordinate with
integrated teams across VOAMASS to identify and coordinate services
for individuals who are temporality housed, at risk of losing
housing, or undomiciled. This role is about making a difference in
the lives of the people we serve. You'll bring the following
- Bachelor's degree in education, psychology, rehabilitative
counseling, or related human service field.
- A minimum of two years job placement and supportive case
management/community outreach experience, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of working with justice involved, veterans, mental
health, substance use, and co-occurring individuals
- Relationships and linkages to local community, state, and
Federal housing resources preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office as well as exceptional written
and verbal communication skills.Key Responsibilities:
- Provide service coordination between integrated care team and
community partners, for persons served.
- Connect and create relationships with housing authorities,
housing placements, housing assistance organizations, and veterans
housing placements, for referrals and linkages.
- Thoroughly assess persons served strengths, and barriers to
obtaining permanent housing, and develop housing strategy that
incorporates means of mitigating any barriers to permanent
- Travel to housing sites to support persons served in
application process, interview process, or assessment process;
address any barriers identified.
- Communicate effectively with client's integrated care team and
VOAMASS programs to rapidly address and correct issues with
services or supports- especially housing services.
- Ensure that person(s) served receive services that support
housing placement; addressing assessed needs, promote healthy
decision-making, securing financial independence and promoting
- Participate in program and professional supervision, attend
required staff meetings and trainings, and contribute to team-based
- Follows professional standards and ensures that all services
are documented and maintenance of persons served records is
- Other duties as needed and requested.Since 1934, VOAMASS has
provided critical services to the residents of the Commonwealth.
From pioneering early residential treatment programs in the 1960's
to leading today in the field of mental health prison diversion
programming, VOAMASS can be counted on to tackle our greatest
challengesFor full-time employees, our comprehensive and generous
benefits package includes:
- Competitive Health, Vision and Dental insurance
- Flexible Spending and Health Reimbursement Account
- Employer paid Life and Long-Term Disability
- 403(b) matching retirement plans
- Tuition Remission Programs
- Loan Forgiveness (PSLF Program)
- Fitness/Wellness reimbursement
- Employee Discount Program
- Pet Insurance
- Blue Care Line (24/7 Nurse hotline)
- Generous Vacation, Sick, and Personal Time Benefits
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap
Vaccination Policy:In accordance with VOAMASS' duty to provide and
maintain a safe workplace, we have adopted a mandatory vaccination
policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families,
our clients, partners, visitors, and the community at large from
COVID-19. This policy complies with all applicable laws and is
based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and
Prevention and the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
Keywords: VOA, Quincy , Housing Specialist, Other , Quincy, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!