Commercial Acquisition Account Executive
Posted on: June 24, 2022
We are a software-focused IT solutions and services provider
that equips organizations to be agile and innovative, and for their
people to be engaged, connected, and creative at work. That means
moving them to the cloud, helping them build the workplace of
tomorrow, and enabling them to make smarter decisions about their
technology. By doing these things we help them create success for
their customers and their people.We stand proudly for our people
and support their success through career development and
advancement. We are recognized and respected for our culture of
inclusion and belonging, continuously striving to do what's good
for our people and communities.
The impact you will have:
Challenging customers to disrupt and innovate. It has never been a
better, more rewarding time to be in technology sales.
As Softchoice's Commercial Account Executive - New Business
(CAENB), you help businesses seize the enormous opportunities of
digital transformation. To do so, you challenge prospects out of
their comfort zone, while sustaining and strengthening our
relationships along the way. Best of all, you do it all alongside
one of North America's most trusted technology services and
As a Commercial Account Executive - New Business, you are an
essential player in achieving this company-wide vision. To help us
get there, we invest in your potential, expecting you to constantly
improve your game with training, education, and the resources
available to you in the Softchoice community.
Challenger Sales: This isn't your typical sales job. With
Softchoice, you apply out-of-the-box thinking with customers, often
teaching, challenging their assumptions, and tailoring proposals
with scrupulous research and industry knowledge. While
relationships are important, we take control by setting ourselves
apart with our unique and insightful approach to solving our
The Commercial Account Executive - New Business is a direct quota
carrier, developing prospect accounts in an assigned territory. The
CAENB is responsible for identifying and pursuing prospect accounts
new to Softchoice. In this role you will be responsible for
developing acquisition strategies, leveraging vendor relationships,
and effectively managing and developing those accounts that you
win. The CAENB is responsible to grow these accounts by
understanding and aligning our capabilities to a Customer's desired
business outcomes and by positioning Softchoice as a trusted
"go-to" strategic partner. The CAENB will be responsible for all
aspect of account management including processing quotes and orders
and overdelivering on customers' expectations.
As you grow the book of business, you will continue to grow your
career and earning potential as you progress to to other levels
within the Commercial Accounts Executive ladder with increasingly
larger books of business and higher earning potential.
The Commercial Account Executive- New Business is the ON RAMP to an
exciting career in professional IT solutions selling.The CAENB will
operate within Softchoice's prescribed "Role of the Seller" model,
and by using the Challenger selling methodology. Specifically:
- Demonstrate org agility: To effectively demonstrate the role of
the seller, the CAENB must be able to draw upon internal resources
with specialty knowledge should it be a requirement. He/she must
develop an "organization agility" to help progress the sale in
order to satisfy the customers business objectives.
- Accurate Pipeline management: The CAENB will be required to
consistently build their future forward pipeline and to do so in an
accurate way which helps facilitate communication with other
members of the Softchoice team which rely upon this information to
optimize their own functions.
- Word class account management: The CAE-NB will be responsible
for all aspect of account management including processing quotes
and orders. At the heart of Net Promoter Score (NPS) is
overdelivering on the customer expectation around timely, accurate
orders which the CAE-NB will be responsible for.
What you'll do:
- Be Responsible for strategic account planning, including
industry research, competitive insight, and client forecasts
- Develop strong executive and C-level relationships with
existing and prospective Softchoice clients
- Leverage Salesforce and Softchoice sales methodology to
effectively manage accounts, opportunities, and pipelines with
consistent and accurate forecasting
- Leverage industry and Softchoice knowledge to identify client
business problems and drive and influence resources to address
those opportunities through the solution sale of Software, Hardware
- Maintain strategic alignment with local vendor and distribution
- Keep updated on product and industry knowledge and attend
product training as required
- Collaborate and engage with internal stakeholders and resources
with specialty knowledge as required to satisfy the customers
What you bring to the table:
- 2+ years of experience in a business-to-business sales
- Experience in the technology industry preferred
- Experience navigating and understanding annual reports,
financial data, and forecasting
- Solid business acumen and understanding of how to manage a
- Understand solution selling and creating value for business
- Knowledge of and/or experience with Challenger selling
- Demonstrate strong verbal, written, listening and presentation
skills; with an ability to present complex solutions in a simple
- Utilize strong problem solving, organizational and
- Proficient in Salesforce and Office 365 applications
- High-level commitment to exceptional customer service and
- A driven, self-motivated attitude with the ability to work
individually and in a team environment.
Not sure if you qualify? Think about applying anyway:
We understand that not everyone brings 100% of the skills and
experience for the role.At Softchoice, we offer opportunities to a
diverse group including those with a variety of workplace
experiences and backgrounds. Whether you are new to corporate tech,
returning to work after a gap in employment, or looking to
transition and take the next step in your career, we are excited to
learn more about you and encourage you to apply.
Why people love working here:
- We offer hybrid and remote working opportunities.
- Comprehensive benefits from day one of employment.
- We offer meaningful work and opportunities for career
- Our team members have 2 paid volunteer days per year to give
back to a cause of their choice.
- We offer an opportunity to build and grow a career in the
- Recognized as a Best Workplace in Canada by the Great Place to
Work Institute for 17 consecutive years.
- Softchoice has been certified as a Great Place to Work in the
United States for several years.
- We have also been recognized as a Best Workplace for Women,
Best Workplace for Inclusion, Best Workplace for Giving Back and
Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality.
- We have raised over $3 million through Softchoice Cares, our
grassroots fundraising organization.
Inclusion & Equal opportunity employment:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity,
inclusion & belonging. People seeking employment at Softchoice are
considered without regard to any protected category including but
not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex,
marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, gender
identity, or sexual orientation.
Require accommodation? We are ready to help:
We are proud to provide interview & employment accommodation during
the recruitment and hiring process. If you require any
accommodation to apply or interview for a position, please reach
out directly to email@example.com. We are
committed to working with you to best meet your needs.
Our commitment to your experience:
We are committed to the safety of all applicants and team members.
With that in mind, we have implemented digital interviewing for
everyone. We understand that you may need to interview with
distractions around you (such as children or furry friends) and we
will be doing the same.
Before you start with us, we will conduct a criminal record check,
verify your education, and check your references.
When you join Softchoice, we will onboard you remotely. Don't
worry. It's quick, simple and you'll be connected with your new
team in no time.
Job Requisition ID: 4003
Keywords: Softchoice, Quincy , Commercial Acquisition Account Executive, Other , Quincy, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!