Team Lead - Site Services
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Job Summary Under limited supervision, provide direct benchtop
services support at customer facilities. Execute routine laboratory
support procedures and preparations (e.g. media/buffer prep,
solvent/reagent mixtures, filtrations, material weighing, some
physical testing, witness senior staff experiments). Maintain lab
inventory and labeling (e.g. chemical reagents, glassware, gas
cylinder levels). Verification/maintenance of laboratory equipment
(e.g. balances, pH meters, sonicator cleaning, glass washing).
Mentors less-experienced peers and assist supervisors, but does not
formally supervise othersMAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(List in order of importance)
- Coordinates and leads team efforts and performs work related to
- Coaches and motivates team members to successfully perform job
requirements and to meet / exceed goals and objectives.
- Encourages through mentoring, individual professional growth
and team growth.
- Management of open order status reports, metrics and department
reports, and SOP/SOW maintenance.
- Provides training and development as well as back-up to
associates to perform required tasks.
- Performs administrative duties such as providing performance
management input, time card review, vacation scheduling, etc.
- Creates and maintains: SOP s, SOW s, SPI s and KPI s.
- Provides customer reporting and data analysis.
- Acts as a liaison between customer, Avantor services and
- Perform other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS
(Education/Training, Experience and Certifications)
- Associates degree or undergraduate degree in business or
science related field is preferred, or HS diploma with relevant
- 4 years equivalent experience in customer
services/purchasing/or account management.
- Previous experience managing associates is preferred.
- Forklift Certification a plus.
- Spill containment, IATA, DOT, and Hazwoper training a
- GMP and GLP training a plus.
- CPR training and OSHA Right to Know preferred.
- Inside sales experience and cross referencing, skills a
plus.KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those necessary to perform the
- Oral and written communication (English & Spanish)
- Microsoft office (Excel) skills, intermediate level
- Driver s License, require
- Conform to all customer requirements for background checks,
health and safety, security clearances and medical checkups.
- Knowledge of Information Access and ERP Systems
- Excellent customer service skills; display a professional can
- Basic purchasing and inventory knowledge
- High regard for safety, quality and adherence to protocols,
policies and procedures
- Must be flexible, adaptable, and multi-task oriented
- Ability to self-manage and self-motivate; forward thinking
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with
both customers and various departments within Avantor
- Understanding of, and ability to administer Avantor s policies
- Ability to make sound business decisions with limited
consultation with managerENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS &
PHYSICAL EFFORT (Under Typical Positions)The work environment
characteristics and physical effort described here are
representative of those an associate encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. Typically works in an office environment with
adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature
and noise level.Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past
precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may
be developed to resolve problems.A frequent volume of work and
deadlines impose strain on routine basis.Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and the ability to adjust focus.Minimal physical effort
is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking,
standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that may
weigh up to 50lbs.DISCLAIMER:The above statements are intended to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to
be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties
and skills required of employees assigned to this position.Avantor
is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. EEO Statement: We are
an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not
discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin,
physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local
law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
employment process, please contact us by email at and let us know
the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests
for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable
accommodation will be responded to from this email address. For
more information about equal employment opportunity protections,
please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW Poster, EEO
is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency
Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below. EEO is the Law
OFCCP EEO Su pplement PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
3rd Party Non-Solicitation Policy:By submitting candidates without
having been formally assigned on and contracted for a specific job
requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply with the Avantor
recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the submitted
candidates, regardless of your usual terms and conditions. Avantor
works with a preferred supplier list and will take the initiative
to engage with recruitment agencies based on its needs and will not
be accepting any form of solicitation.
Keywords: Avantor, Quincy , Team Lead - Site Services, Other , Quincy, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!