ESP Organizer ESP Bill of Rights Living Wage
Company: Massachusetts Teacher Association
Posted on: September 22, 2022
ESP Organizer ESP Bill of Rights Living Wage Campaign, part-time
work, working 5-7 hours per week, on average. Its duration is one
year.The Massachusetts Teachers Association (MTA) is a union,
dedicated to improving the workplace and the quality of life for
all education employees and to protecting their hard-won rights.
Equally important, we are an association of highly qualified
professionals, committed to establishing and maintaining optimal
conditions for student learning from preschool through graduate
school. The Field Services Division is seeking qualified applicants
for the position of Regional ESP Organizer (part-time). Our ideal
candidate will coordinate the activities of the ESP Living Wage
Campaign and the ESP Bill of Rights and will be responsible for
organizing and supporting locals living wage campaign.The duties
for this position include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with the Field and Organizing Division' organizer
on ESP specific campaigns and goals.
- Engage local leadership and rank-and-file to endorse the ESP
Bill of Rights.
- Participate, advocate, and engage members during ongoing
training programs focused on ESP Issues, Living Wage campaign, and
ESP Bill of Rights. Specific Responsibilities:
- Initiate contact with targeted local leaders and
- Update, and maintain a list of locals who have endorsed the ESP
Bill of Rights.
- Identify and secure rank-and-file ESPs as the point-person of
- Collaborate with MTA ESP Rep Organizer and Regional ESP
Organizer team to develop local campaign's actions and strategies
for strengthening engagement and evaluate local campaign
- Maintain ongoing organizing living wage campaign efforts to
ensure locals are supported during actions.
- Communicate regularly with MTA ESP Rep Organizer about events,
local needs, regional networks, and bargaining council.
- Facilitate regional group discussion and forums by utilizing
- Develop, strengthen, and support ESP coalition and regional
- Attend established regional networks and bargaining council
meetings to advocate for ESP Living Wage Campaign.
- Provide ongoing feedback to the MTA ESP Rep Organizer.
- Participate in conference calls with MTA ESP Rep
- Identify and report any issues which arise with MTA ESP
- Provide content for social media campaign and support social
- Organize and canvass and phone banks as appropriate.
- Encourage grass roots support and facilitate member to member
outreach.To be successful in the role you will need:
- Proven effectiveness in organizing on issues.
- Experience with organizing and local outreach.
- Familiarity with the MTA and ESPs issues.
- Excellent small and large group presentation and public
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Carry out responsibilities with a positive, and cooperative
- Ability to access and to use computers for common business
- Willingness to travel and work nights and weekends.Funded by
Public Relation & Organizing grant and Field Services DivisionMTA
is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are
committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Keywords: Massachusetts Teacher Association, Quincy , ESP Organizer ESP Bill of Rights Living Wage, Other , Quincy, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!