Receptionist- Outpatient MentalHealth Clinic
Posted on: November 15, 2022
The Opportunity: Outpatient Medical Receptionist, Behavioral Health
Who We Are -- VOAMASS gives members of the community who need help
the most the services, support, and self-esteem they need to create
a fresh start. At VOAMASS, our dedicated teams are committed to
serving the whole person.
What We Do -- Through our powerful integrated behavioral health
care model, we bring together vast resources from a diverse team of
caring staff to help each client meet their personal goals. The
care we provide paves the way for greater opportunity and second
chances by focusing on the critical pillars towards a healthy life:
behavioral health, financial stability, and safe housing.
As a Outpatient Medical Receptionist, you'll have a dynamic and
critical role being responsible for the overall frontend client
experience for our behavioral health clinics. The Outpatient
Medical Receptionist greets everyone coming into clinic, manages
the telephone and schedules appointments. The role participates in
administrative functions as assigned, and assists in general office
structure. The role reports to and assists the Eligibility
Specialist in the administration and processing of client
information, conducting prequalification of client eligibility,and
monitoring communications systems and clinical reports.
This role is about making a difference in the lives of the people
we serve. You'll bring the following qualifications:
- Experience in an outpatient medical environment, preferably as
a first line contact with the consumer.
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills
- An understanding of MassHealth insurance in an outpatient
mental health clinic preferred.
- Excellent PC skills including data entry, Windows, Office.
- Must be self-initiating, able to multi-task as an integral
member of a dynamic team in a high stress, fast-paced, behavioral
- Have a strong ability to directly interact with, understand,
and service dual-diagnosed clients in a behavioral health
- Ability to understand the needs of clinical staff and
communicate as a team; follow direction as an autonomous member of
- Proactive; able to work independently and responsibly with
ability to make decisions autonomously
- Conduct administrative check-ins at frontend to ascertain
purpose of visit, and direct them to appropriate staff. Ensures
patient eligibility, processes client into EHR (electronic health
record system), validates patient insurance, address, requests
co-payments from eligible clients.
- Collect referral information via fax, telephone, or email.
- Assist in the scheduling of appointments including diagnostic,
clinical, medication management and urgent care. Assist in the
collection of intake paperwork on or before first session including
working with clients and prospective clients on the completion of
- Explain policies, procedures, or services to patients using
medical or administrative knowledge.
- Answer telephones and direct calls to appropriate staff.
Schedule and confirm clients' appointments, client encounters, and
answer client questions.
- Transmit correspondence or medical records by mail, e-mail, or
- Maintain medical records, document library, or correspondence
- Receive and route faxes, emails, messages or documents, such as
laboratory results, to appropriate staff.
- Operate office equipment, such as voice mail messaging systems,
and use word processing, spreadsheet, or other software
applications to prepare reports, invoices, financial statements,
letters, case histories, or medical records
- Perform various clerical or administrative functions, such as
ordering and maintaining an inventory of supplies.
- Schedule follow-up sessions for clients to ensure engagement
Since 1934, VOAMASS has provided critical services to the residents
of the Commonwealth. From pioneering early residential treatment
programs in the 1960's to leading today in the field of integrated
services, VOAMASS can be counted on to tackle our greatest
VOAMASS is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We
do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national
origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical
conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an
individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected
For full-time employees, our comprehensive and generous benefits
- Competitive Health, Vision and Dental insurance
- Flexible Spending and Health Reimbursement Account
- Employer paid Life and Long-Term Disability
- 403(b) matching retirement plans
- Tuition Remission Programs
- Loan Forgiveness (PSLF Program)
- Fitness/Wellness reimbursement
- Employee Discount Program
- Pet Insurance
- Blue Care Line (24/7 Nurse hotline)
- Generous Vacation, Sick, and Personal Time Benefits
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Employee Referral Bonus with no annual capTransparency in
Coverage Information is available from BCBCMA via
https://Transparency-in-coverage.bluecrossma.com to get accurate,
real-time estimates of cost-sharing liability for health care and
services from different providers
Vaccination Policy:In accordance with VOAMASS' duty to provide and
maintain a safe workplace, we have adopted a mandatory vaccination
policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families,
our clients, partners, visitors, and the community at large from
COVID-19. This policy complies with all applicable laws and is
based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and
Prevention and the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
Keywords: VOA, Quincy , Receptionist- Outpatient MentalHealth Clinic, Other , Quincy, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!