Company: Volunteers of America Massachusetts
Posted on: November 19, 2022
The Opportunity: Recovery Navigator, Behavioral Health Services
Who We Are -- VOAMASS gives members of the community who need help
the most the services, support, and self-esteem they need to create
a fresh start. At VOAMASS, our dedicated teams are committed to
serving the whole person.
What We Do -- Through our powerful integrated behavioral health
care model, we bring together vast resources from a diverse team of
caring staff to help each client meet their personal goals. The
care we provide paves the way for greater opportunity and second
chances by focusing on the critical pillars towards a healthy life:
behavioral health, financial stability, and safe housing.
As a Recovery Navigator, you'll have a dynamic and critical role
providing care management and system navigation to individuals
identified as needing additional support to increase the likelihood
of those individuals remaining engaged in treatment.
The Recovery Navigator serves individuals in the community, at
other VOAMASS site locations, and within the Behavioral Health
clinic. As a Recovery Navigator you will work with individuals
diagnosed with mental health, substance use, dual diagnosis, and
This role is about making a difference in the lives of the people
we serve. You'll bring the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor's Degree; Degree is desirable in psychology, social
work, health care administration, or related human service
- Minimum of two years' experience with health plans, social
service organizations, experience with multiple levels of care
deliveries, and experience with coordination and referral for
- Excellent communication skills, organization skills, and
computer skills are required.
- Engage with person served following admission to help
individuals access treatment services within VOAMASS and externally
with community-based providers.
- Engage and build rapport with person served, assist with
referrals and coordination to services and resources including
primary care, mental health treatment, addiction treatment,
recovery support, employment specialists, housing specialists, and
other social supports.
- Provide follow-up assessments on person served and referral
providers (VOAMASS and external) to ensure that person served
attended appointments and accessed treatment.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with
referral providers (VOAMASS and external) to ensure continued
coordination and success of Recovery Navigator services.
- Serve as part of the 24/7 mobile crisis team to ensure that
persons served are being provided crisis intervention services,
quick navigation through the system, and referrals to appropriate
service providers based on acuity need.
- Serve as part of the integrated services care team with VOAMASS
and multidisciplinary review team to enhance persons served
experiences and maintain agency compliance with state regulations
and mental health professional standards.
- Maintain records according to VOAMASS Policies and Procedures,
completing all documentation and billing in a timely manner, and
complies with professional standards as required by third-party
payors and VOAMASS.
Since 1934, VOAMASS has provided critical services to the residents
of the Commonwealth. From pioneering early residential treatment
programs in the 1960's to leading today in the field of mental
health programming, VOAMASS can be counted on to tackle our
VOAMASS is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We
do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national
origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical
conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an
individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected
For full-time employees, our comprehensive and generous benefits
- Competitive Health, Vision and Dental insurance
- Flexible Spending and Health Reimbursement Account
- Employer paid Life and Long-Term Disability
- 403(b) matching retirement plans
- Tuition reimbursement and tuition remission programs
- Loan Forgiveness (PSLF Program)
- Fitness/Wellness reimbursement
- Employee Discount Program
- Pet Insurance
- Blue Care Line (24/7 Nurse hotline)
- Generous Vacation, Sick, and Personal Time Benefits
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap
Transparency in Coverage Information is available from BCBCMA via
to get accurate, real-time estimates of cost-sharing liability for
health care and services from different providers
In accordance with VOAMASS' duty to provide and maintain a safe
workplace, we have adopted a mandatory vaccination policy to
safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our
clients, partners, visitors, and the community at large from
COVID-19. This policy complies with all applicable laws and is
based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and
Prevention and the Massachusetts Department of Public
Keywords: Volunteers of America Massachusetts, Quincy , Recovery Navigator, Other , Quincy, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!