Company: Massachusetts Teacher Association
Posted on: March 12, 2023
The MTA and its 110,000 members work to advance the quality and
equity of Massachusetts public schools and colleges by securing the
working conditions and professional respect and autonomy of
educators, advocating for full funding for public education, and
challenging education "reforms" that serve to privatize public
education and undermine educator professionalism and the student
learning experience.Major Responsibilities:The Regional Coordinator
is responsible for providing a wide variety of administrative and
office support services to the Field & Organizing staff. Essential
- Provide general administrative assistance; filing (paper and
electronic), type notes, correspondence, MOAs, grievances and
proposals, merge documents, prepare materials for meetings, review
departmental invoices, make copies, organize binders/folders and
other administrative tasks.
- Coordinate work assignments with department staff; serve as
liaison to other departments and affiliates.
- Use MS Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint to prepare
reports, correspondence, contracts, charts etc.
- Treat members with respect and courtesy; respond to or direct
requests for service appropriately and promptly.
- Receive visitors and staff. Screen and route telephone calls
- Coordinate meetings; location, food, AV in conjunction with TPL
- Enter data into databases, including VAN and IMS
- Conduct comparison research, including calling municipalities
and locals for information, salary schedules and specific contract
- Enter and follow-up on settlement reports, post new contracts
in the database and follow-up on outstanding contracts
- Track and maintain reports for local bargaining.
- Submit requests for assistance to Boston Benefit Partners from
locals and reviews associated billing
- Prepare green sheets, purples sheets, ULPs and other
- Submit health and safety consultant requests
- Prepare correspondence Proofread documents for accuracy,
completeness and clarity
- Maintain adequate office supplies and orders as necessary
- Attend meetings and records notes as requested
- Prepare monthly reports and submissions, including reports from
part-time field staff
- Maintain off-site storage and handles requests
- Review monthly billing for accuracy and add correct account
number for payment
- Create PowerPoint presentations
- Create spreadsheets in Excel with proposals costs and
- Incorporate MOAs into new CBAs
- Create automatic reminders: e.g. notices for contract
- Other duties as assigned. Qualifications:
- High School Diploma. College or formal secretarial training
preferred. Three to five years of office experience including
recent administrative experience.
- Ability to meet the public with confidence and to work
harmoniously with members and staff.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills,
strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with database applications.
- Ability to prioritize, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and
must be responsive to deadlines.
- Must have high-level of dependability and carry out
responsibilities with positive, cooperative attitude.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. *MTA reserves the right to waive
any qualifications at its discretion* The MTA is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to
creating an inclusive environment for all staff. PI207683153
Keywords: Massachusetts Teacher Association, Quincy , Regional Coordinator, Other , Quincy, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...