Quality Assurance Analyst
Company: Randstad US
Posted on: March 26, 2020
job summary: Our client's Systems Teams unit seeks a highly
motivated individual as a Quality Assurance Analyst to join its
Data Warehouse Systems Quality Assurance (SQA) team. The QAA will
design and develop test cases and execute automated and manual test
methods. This individual must be able to analyze and understand
business and technical requirements and conduct gap analysis to
implement complex reports and queries successfully, and comply with
operational standards; as well as with HIPAA requirements --
location: Quincy, Massachusetts job type: Contract work hours: 9am
to 5pm education: Bachelors -- responsibilities: Duties:
- Experience in preparing Test Strategy, developing Test Plan,
Detailed Test Cases, writing Test Scripts by decomposing Business
Requirements, and developing Test Scenarios to support quality
- Design, develop data flow/data lineage diagrams, data mapping
from source to staging and staging to target mapping documents
indicating the tables, columns, data types, transformations
required and business rules to be applied.
- Design and Develop complex SQL scripts, PL/SQL blocks, stored
procedures for testing the dimensions and facts in the DWH that
includes data validation, count validation, referential integrity
validation and duplicate check validation.
- Develop or specify standards, methods, or procedures to
determine product quality or release readiness.
- Develop and execute manual/automation tests which includes
functional, integration, negative, regression, system, UAT and
- Document software and application defects, using a bug tracking
system, and report defects to software developers using Atlassian
JIRA and track the defects until closure.
- Ensure that an application continues to function normally
through software maintenance and testing.
- Responsible for System testing of Ad-Hoc Query Packages in
Cognos which involves execution of Ad-hoc reports and corresponding
test SQL's based on various join conditions and filters and
- Tools used include HP Load Runner, IBM Rational Test Manager,
Oracle, IBM Rational Clear Quest, Quick Test Professional (QTP),
TOAD for Oracle 12.6, Pig, Python, Scala, Oracle SQL Developer
18.2, PL/SQL, UNIX, IBM Cognos Query Studio 11, Apache Spark,
Apache Hive, Sqoop, HDFS, Map Reduce, Hadoop, AWS, FileZilla,
Microsoft Visio, WinSCP, Java, MS Office, CVS, Microsoft Outlook,
Atlassian JIRA, Putty, SAS.
- Perform preliminary business analysis of functional
requirements to identify information, procedures, decision flows
and corrective actions.
- Conduct peer reviews of functional requirements of solutions to
identify gaps and document in detail and report findings.
- Create and deliver test plans and test cases - create effective
and reusable test scripts based on functional requirements and use
- Participate in software design reviews to provide input on
functional requirements, operational characteristics, product
designs, schedules, and potential problems.
- Confer with business analysts, engineers, architects, product
owners and others to obtain information on project limitations and
capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
- Implement Iterative and Incremental Agile - Scrum Methodology
for rapidly changing or highly emergent requirements and followed
parallel development and testing
- Perform other duties as assigned.-- qualifications: Skills and
- Python Experience is important
- Broad knowledge of testing approaches and techniques for
certifying software acceptance.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in
project teams, providing relevant quality assurance services to a
- Highly analytical and able to independently analyze test
results, examine and identify triggers and root cause.
- Experienced in reviewing the work of business analysts and
subject matter experts ensuring well-defined requirements
contribute to defined functional use cases.
- Experience working with Oracle database
- Expertise in SAS, SOL, PL-SQL, Oracle SQL Developer, C, C++,
Java, and .NET.
- Expertise in backend testing and writing SQL queries, including
complex subqueries and joins..
- Prior experience working with Health and Human Services
applications or other governmental enterprise data processing
- Prior experience working in healthcare or government setting
with a strong knowledge base in healthcare insurance principles,
eligibility and Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS),
- Prior performance testing experience desired.
- Prior Selenium skills with core JAVA experience desired.--
skills: Education/Qualifications :
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or University degree.
- Knowledge of QA Methodologies and the software development
- Five years of experience black-box, white-box, functional,
smoke, and regression testing.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office, i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Access, and Visio.
- Government and or Healthcare prior experience desired. Equal
Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual
Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic
Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other
legally protected group status.
Keywords: Randstad US, Quincy , Quality Assurance Analyst, Professions , Quincy, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!