Biomedical Equipment Technician - Willing To Train
Company: Fresenius Medical Care
Posted on: May 6, 2022
PURPOSE AND SCOPE: Entry level position focuses on the
development of Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA) in a
supervised environment with the intent of developing performance
and effective, efficient independent functioning under close
supervision upon completion of various training processes over
time. Under close supervision and consistent with completed
training and qualifications, schedules and performs routine repair
and maintenance activities of medical equipment, water systems and
the physical plant in assigned facilities that ensures patient
safety and staff operating equipment in accordance with company
policies and procedures, manufacturer's documentation, industry
standards and local, state and federal regulatory requirements.
Responsible for efficient use of resources related to repair and
maintenance costs. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Under
close supervision and consistent with completed training and
qualifications, performs limited scope routine tasks with minimal
role in decision-making and judgment, receiving detailed
instruction until completion of task specific training and
successful demonstration of competency, including but not limited
to the following: Repair and Maintenance:
- Performs timely routine maintenance, troubleshooting, and
repair activities to dialysis equipment and water treatment systems
and as required and recommended by the manufacturer and established
company policy and procedures, including maintaining aesthetics of
the equipment and water room.
- Coordinates and completes scheduled and unscheduled routine
repair and maintenance of physical plant by company approved
- Participates in preventive maintenance of all ancillary devices
assuring it follows manufacturer's recommendations and in
compliance with company policies and procedures, industry standards
and local, state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Purchases and maintains an inventory of service parts using
approved sources and ensures RGA and warranty parts are returned in
a timely manner.
- Performs water/dialysate sample collection and processing and
reviews and participates in evaluation and reporting of quality
results per applicable policies and procedures.
- Documents all daily, weekly, monthly repair and maintenance
activity/repairs per applicable policies and/or procedures.
- Updates project tracking or other company
tracking/documentation systems as assigned. Regulatory Compliance:
- Participates in monthly Technical CQI/QAI process, assisting
with the analysis, assembly and assimilation of information and
data and contributing in technical discussion, including reporting
outcomes and creating and implementing improvement plans approved
- Collaborates with facility staff to ensure all regulatory and
OSHA requirements are met.
- Reviews water system documentation to verify compliance (i.e.
readings are within parameters).
- Performs daily, weekly, and monthly trend analysis on the water
system, anticipating appropriate action to assure system functions
- Identifies instances where company policy and procedures are
not being met including escalation of issues to next level
management. Medical Supply Inventory:
- Participates in managing Program's Medical Supply Inventory by
managing par values, making sure program has the correct inventory
to support the patient treatments, performing physical inventory
counts and generating a physical inventory report. Miscellaneous,
Operational and Educational:
- Must obtain and maintain water treatment equipment
qualification by completing Annual Water Training.
- Supports clinical education by administering return
demonstrations during Annual Water Training.
- Must maintain current required certifications.
- Monitors and reviews patient care staff's technique for testing
water system, assuring tests and documentation meet policy and
comply with manufacturer's specifications for the devices and test
- Attends and successfully completes all technical training
programs required by state/federal regulations and company policy.
Refer to Biomedical Technician Career Pathway Department Operating
Guideline for full list of training requirements.
- Transports equipment as needed and with supervisor
- Escalates issues to supervisor for resolution.
- Other related duties as assigned. PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING
CONDITIONS: The physical demands and work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employees are required to take the Ishihara's Color Blindness
test as a condition of employment. Note that, failing the Ishihara
Test for Color Blindness does not preclude employment. The Company
will consider whether reasonable accommodations can be made.
- Position involves active work including lifting, bending,
walking and standing for considerable lengths of time.
- The use of dollies or other equipment is mandatory when moving
heavy weight items. May be required to frequently lift items
weighing up to 50 lbs. as high as 5 feet.
- There is potential exposure to chemicals and infectious
materials. Scope of work includes high voltage equipment. Personal
Protective Equipment (PPE) is provided by the company.
- Work environment is typically air temperature controlled with
moderate noise levels. May be required to work in various outdoor
- Evening and weekend availability, as well as ability to take
on-calls are required. Overnight travel may be required.
EDUCATION AND REQUIRED CREDENTIALS:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. required.
- Associate Degree in electronics / biomedical technology, or
equivalent a plus.
- Valid Driver's License issued in the employee's state of
residence required. EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 0 - 1 year related experience.
- Prior experience working in an industrial/dialysis/medical
technical setting a plus.
- Manual dexterity required - ability to use common hand tools
and small power equipment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability
to comprehend and communicate in the English language.
- Computer literacy with the ability to navigate through common
operating systems, such as Microsoft Office products. Familiarity
with SAP and TMS a plus but not required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends
- Must successfully complete all required training in the
Biomedical Technician I Curriculum. Expected completion goal of the
training segments is within the first 24 months of service from
date of hire / job start date. EO/AA Employer:
Identity Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state
Keywords: Fresenius Medical Care, Quincy , Biomedical Equipment Technician - Willing To Train, Professions , Quincy, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!