Sr. Maintenance Mechanic - Quincy MA
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of
breakthroughs*Role is located full time in Quincy
MAHoneywellIntelligratedWhen you join Honeywell, you become a
member of our global team ofthinkers, innovators, dreamers and
doers who make the things that make thefuture. That means changing
the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way,keeping
buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe
onMars. Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool
things. That's why all ofour employees enjoy access to dynamic
career opportunities across differentfields and industries. Are you
ready to help us make the future?Honeywell Intelligrated is a
leading NorthAmerican-based, single-source provider of intelligent
automated materialhandling solutions that drive fulfillment
productivity for retailers,manufacturers and logistics providers
around the world. Through a broadportfolio of automation equipment,
software, service and support, Intelligratedsolutions give
businesses a competitive edge and optimize operationalperformance
through increased flexibility, efficiency and
- Adjust, repair, and replace components like belts, cables,
wheels, pulleys, gearboxes, sprockets, chains, bearings, guide
rollers, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and AC/DC electrical
motors, drives and other related equipment.
- Maintain and perform troubleshooting on electrical and
mechanical conveyor systems, sorters, printer applicators, motors,
photo eyes, relays, proximity sensors, solenoids, VFD's, motor
starters, control panels, tachometers, encoders, etc. with a focus
on safety, quality, and efficiency using tools such as
multi-meters, infrared thermometers, and a laptop.
- Follow appropriate job plans, procedures, and manuals.
- Utilize handheld devices and asset management system mobile
apps to create and close Work Orders with appropriate data (labor
hours, downtime, problem/cause/remedy, and parts used).
- Follow appropriate safety procedures and use Personal
Protective Equipment (PPE) while maintaining equipment (Lock
Out/Tag Out, Arc Flash, etc.) and ensure a safe work environment by
eliminating potential equipment safety hazards.Basic PC competency
and ability to use mobile apps on handheld devices. Familiar with
simple wiring diagrams, symbols, and electrical measuring.
- Mechanical work with gearboxes, sprockets, chains, bearings,
guide rollers, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and AC/DC
electrical motors, drives and other related
equipment.PhysicalDemands (must be able to perform with or without
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching, and reaching bothbelow
the waist and above the head.
- Walking within and around the site with great frequency.Able to
work at heights and ability to climb ladders safelyand without
- Full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists,
eye/handcoordination and feet motion.
- Ability to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours.
- Flexibility in covering multiple shifts and holiday hours
- Willing to work overtime as required.You Must Have
- High school diplomaWe Value
- Degree from a vocational school or college with a focus in the
Mechanical or Electrical field.
- 2 years apprenticeship or equivalent experience in the
Mechanical or Electrical field.
- Understand basic electrical and electronic schematics.
- 2 years experience with automated conveyor systems and
- 2 years experience with Programmable Logic Control (PLC)
programs, Servo drives, PC controllers, VFD's, dc power supplies,
optical devices (i.e., encoders, photo eyes, etc.).
- Abilityto troubleshoot basic Input/Output functions.
- JOB ID: HRD133073
- Category: Customer Experience
- Location: 65 Shawmut Rd,Canton,Massachusetts,02021,United
- Global (ALL)Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age,
race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status,
affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
Keywords: Honeywell, Quincy , Sr. Maintenance Mechanic - Quincy MA, Professions , Quincy, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!