Sr. Business Analyst
Posted on: May 14, 2022
The Sr. Business Analyst's primary role is to support DESE and
work on AWS migration in conjunction with the Shared Applications
Architect and Release Management teams. He/she is responsible for
enhancing the quality of IT products and services, analyzing data
to inform business decisions, and assessing technological solutions
to support business needs. Lead business and technical requirements
assessment to define and develop requirements for new or existing
enterprise systems in accordance with standard operating
The Sr. Business Analyst must possess exceptional interpersonal
skills as they need to act as a communication link between the IT
and agency business groups. Work with business users to plan and
document user stories; manage and support expectations of product
owners. Collaborate in defining acceptance testing and end-user
training requirements and be experienced with release management
processes. Facilitate change management activities between the
project team and IT service groups; and work with helpdesk
operations to create and implement support procedures. This is an
exciting opportunity to join a highly skilled, fast-paced team and
contribute to critical and highly visible projects within the
Executive Office of Health and Human Services.
Job Duties: (Detailed list of Responsibilities)
- Lead and conduct business analysis to elicit requirements as
the foundation for IT solutions to meet business needs (e.g.,
workshops, focus groups, interviews, observation, brainstorming,
and JAD Sessions) and organize into traceable, testable, and
verifiable data and business formats.
- Conduct business analysis for the purpose of identifying
solutions to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the system
to fulfill the business requirements (e.g., Data Flow Diagram,
Context Diagram, Business Process Model, Root Cause Analysis, or
- Develop comprehensive written documentation of what the system,
process, or product service must do in order to satisfy the
business requirement; this includes creating, updating, and
maintaining documentation (e.g., Business Case, Use Case, Business
Requirements Document [BRD], Gap Analysis, Impact and feasibility
Analysis, Change Management Analysis) throughout the system
development life cycle utilizing proper version control in the
designated knowledge repository.
- Validate and verify requirements throughout the system
development life cycle (SDLC) to ensure systems perform to the
required specifications and can achieve target goals. This includes
leading efforts to ensure test plans and scenarios are created; as
well as review and signoff on test results (e.g., ADA, functional,
performance and vulnerability).
- Apply project management standards to facilitate change
management and manage expectations effectively and to identify,
track and escalate constraints/risks and communicate timely to
appropriate stakeholders using standard RAID processes.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer
satisfaction and deepen relationships.
- Monitor and triage support voicemail, email, and support
tickets to ensure timely responsiveness to systems and operational
questions, problems, and/or bug identification.
- Ability to create detailed technical drawings using tools such
as Visio or other Microsoft tools
- Domain knowledge in healthcare a strong plus.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS (Special Skill Set, Abilities, Knowledge):
- Broad knowledge of business analysis techniques for creating
requirements and certifying software acceptance.
- Broad technical knowledge and experience supporting wide range
of applications, data processes and technologies (e.g., C, C++,
Java, .NET, Oracle and Cloud).
- Prior experience with Jira, SQL Queries, Rational Quality
Manager (RQM) and ADA compliance.
- Strong familiarity with NIST security standards and working
with PII and PHI data.
- Proven understanding and knowledge of software development life
- Experienced in use cases and testing methodologies including
functional, systems, integration, performance, and UAT.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct detailed planning, perform risk
assessments, and successfully mitigate risks.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with
management, end users, project team members, and vendors. Excellent
customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office suite, Visio, MS Project,
other project management and collaboration tools.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Years' Experience, Certificates):
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, Information Systems,
Business Administration or other related field, or equivalent work
- Professional certification in IIBA preferred or a minimum of 5
years of extensive hands-on experience in IT application
implementations or systems support.
- At least 5 years of experience working in a Business Analysis,
IT Management or other related experience in an IT healthcare
- At least 3 years of business analysis and data analysis related
experience within IT system development project(s).
- Prior experience in healthcare or government setting
Keywords: Experfy, Quincy , Sr. Business Analyst, Professions , Quincy, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!