Company: Dellbrook - JKS
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Position SummaryThe Estimator is responsible for the preparation
of final pricing and competitive bid efforts, and in some cases
prepares conceptual estimates. This role, manages or performs
quantity surveys and the subcontractor/vendor bid solicitation
efforts. Internal estimates are prepared, subcontractor and vendor
bids are analyzed and compared, value engineering is performed,
qualifications are prepared, and a thorough, accurate estimate is
delivered to the client. Estimators need to be professional,
detail-oriented and organized, and must have outstanding
communication and organizational skills.
- Following the Dellbrook-JKS Standard Operating Procedures, lead
and/or participate in the preparation and delivery of team-produced
- Attend all project-related meetings and reviews - internal and
external to ensure a complete, thorough, and accurate estimate is
prepared and delivered to the client.
- Analyze drawings, specifications, proposals, owner contracts
and other documentation to prepare estimates or portions of
estimates on assigned projects.
- Assist in determining a subcontractor/vendor list, solicit
subcontractors and suppliers for bids, and assure established
coverage goals for each scope of work is met.
- Coordinate, attend and run project site visits.
- Prepare Bid Packages in iSqFt and/or Excel.
- Prepare instructions to bidders, scopes of work, bid form and
other project specific bid solicitation information as
- Receive, organize, analyze, and augment subcontractor and
vendor proposals to ensure complete scope of work is covered, risk
is covered/communicated, and a fair comparison can be
- Perform and/or manage the quantity take-offs and unit pricing
to develop estimates on a trade by trade basis.
- Prepare qualifications that identifies and communicates
document discrepancies, missed scope, deviations from documents,
and the approach to the project.
- Evaluate documents and design to prepare proactive cost savings
options and accurate alternates.
- Coordinate/manage the distribution of all documents, including
addenda and RFI responses, to subcontractors, vendors and the
- Utilize On Screen Takeoff (OST), ISqFt, Microsoft Project,
T-Line and other selected future software used in the estimating
- Assist with the tracking of historical data from vendors for
both contact and cost information.
- Coordinate and ensure all new subcontractors and vendors
information are added to iSqFt, including participation of bid
- Maintain the flow of project information and documentation
during the bidding and pre-construction process.
- Prepare general conditions and general requirements study for
review and input from the Project Executive.
- Assist operations with the preparation of the project schedule,
list of long lead items, and logistics plans.
- Maintain in conjunction with Estimating Coordinator, Project
Development Coordinator, Project Managers, Risk Management and
Accounting, a working sub-list of qualified subcontractors who
adhere to company standards. This responsibility also includes
tracking Union and Non-union sub-lists in ISqft.
- Actively participate in industry, client and community relation
events to enhance company image and solicit new subcontractors
while seeking new opportunities for company.
- Perform other project related duties as needed.
- Participate in periodic site visits to projects as appropriate
and as time allows.
- Able to communicate via phone and email with clients and
- Core Values - Possess honesty, integrity and family values
- Strong work ethic - Must be able to set and achieve goals
- Dependable - Must consistently follow through on assignments
- Positive attitude - Creates a good environment for
- Self-motivated - Is constantly seeking new opportunities to
learn, grow and lead to the next milestone
- Team Oriented - Makes the most out of collaboration
- Effective Communicator - Communication is clear and
- Flexible - Can adapt to changing situations in a positive
An Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer Dellbrook -JKS
is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We are
committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of
employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender
identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, or
veteran status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential
Keywords: Dellbrook - JKS, Quincy , Estimator, Professions , Quincy, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!