Company: Granite City Electric Supply Co.
Posted on: October 16, 2020
Granite City Electric Supply is the area\'s premiere electrical
distributor serving electrical contractors as well as residential,
commercial and industrial customers for over 90 years. With
branches covering Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire,
Vermont and Connecticut, we are the largest regional independent
electrical supply company and the official distributor of
electrical supplies to the Boston Red Sox.
As a Granite City Counter Salesperson you will service customers by
taking, entering and filling orders accurately and quickly. You
will gain product and sales knowledge while becoming more
proficient with GCE's other departments, systems and procedures.
You will generate sales for GCE by providing customer service
excellence, value-added service and solutions for our new and
* Communicate with Customers on the phone and in person, fill
orders and transfers accurately and quickly.
* Enter stock, special, direct and back orders as required by
* Maintain Customer Sales area in a clean and organized manner.
* Help to stock shelves and keep organized in such a way to
facilitate fast and accurate order filling.
* Display and stock material in counter area and show room.
Participate in promotions, Counter days and specials as they
* Attend classes and meetings as required to gain product knowledge
or to improve sales skills.
* Participate in processes and programs aimed at promoting a safe
* Responsible for general upkeep, cleanliness and appearance of our
* Actively support GCE promotions.
* Excellent customer service, communication and computer skills are
* Able to adapt quickly to changes, handle pressure and multiple
* Ability to lift up to 70 lbs.
* Ability to push/pull up to 70 lbs.
* Ability to walk/stand up to 8 hours daily.
* Adaptability / flexibility / willing to change & adjust with
* Actively communicate within and outside the branch with
co-workers, external and internal customers.
* Work with a sense of urgency.
* Provide support to Manager in inventory control functions, stock
maintenance, credits and defectives.
* Provide information to customers regarding products, pricing,
services and non-stock merchandise.
* Provide support to the Branch Manager in the transferring,
warehousing, receiving and shipping of stock and special
* Interact with vendors and their representatives.
* Offer Customers solutions that may lead to sales
* Help generate sales opportunities.
* Perform other work as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
* High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
* Previous business, construction, or electrical industry exposure
preferred but not required.
* Electrical knowledge from a trade school helpful.
Granite City offers competitive wages, great benefits including
medical, dental, vision, life, STD/LTD, 401k, vacation, holiday,
sick and more! Join our team and work among the best in the
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are
conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify.
Keywords: Granite City Electric Supply Co., Quincy , Counter Sales, Sales , Quincy, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!